monroe county offshore classic

monroe county offshore classic

when the guys announced that they were bringing a tournament back to Rochester i wanted to support it. i got 2 of my cousins to commit so i entered.i wasn't feeling overly confident on saturday morning because we never had a chance to pre fish and my team mates were lacking in trolling experience.                                                                                                               we waited for 5;30 am and dropped lines down in 150' of water straight out from port and hooked a 12+ pound coho on a free sliding cheater before i could get all the rods out. i reeled tight on it and fought it to the boat and the net man got the main spoon caught in the net and i watch the fish swim away. the disappointment didn't last long as the divers started firing and we started putting fish in the box.had another mishap on the rod later in the day and lost a mid teens king at the back of the boat with the prop cutting the line. we ended the day with 30+ bites and everyone had a great time and gained some valuable experience.we weighed in 2 mid teens kings, a mid teen laker, a small brown and a small king and finished 14th. less then 1 point out of the money. thank you to the organizers.Rick, Matt, Lucas, Larry. thanks to Chris from Minion trolling flies. the custom flies he tied me and his meat rigs were firing all day. team net breaker will back next year.