Anyone have any details on the water levels at st Lawrence? Especially where the rivers are flowing in. I'm hearing the river is extremely high to the point where the entire river has a no wake zone. Bringing the family up this weekend but what I'm hearing doesn't sound good. Also hearing the launches may not be open. Any information would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Although the speed is reduced near shore, you can still get around and there are many launches open. There are lots of boats out and the amount of debris is reduced since spring. Not saying there isn't any, just be alert.

Increased current is a particular problem if you're fishing deep. It's made a mess out of my program.

I've got a trip to Clayton planned over Labor Day ... just looking for a wild guess if water levels will be back close to normal, or if it will still likely be high (I've been out of the loop - roughly how high compared to normal is it right now ??)   Many thanks

JOhn

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, Jhettenbaugh said:

No wake within 600 ft of shoreline on the St. Lawrence within St. Lawrence county which is basically the entire river. 

http://blog.savetheriver.org/?p=10313

Do you think this is a result of the recent flooding and will be temporary, or is this a permanent law now ?   Imagine the bass boat guys are gonna be lighter in the pockets ...

I'm no SLR expert by any means but I've been going up for the last 11 years. If you have a trip planned and don't go your missing out. The fishing is just fine and like Prof T said, not much floating to worry about. You may have to change up your tactics some but fish are biting.

Well I'm going regardless to bring the kids up to Alexandria bay I was just worried about the unsafe currents trolling at nighttime like we have done for years. I fish primarily and night and early morning while the kids are sleeping. Best of both worlds fish for world class muskies and not miss time with the kids during the day can't go wrong. If they were bigger then would be on the river with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Water levels are not expected to be back to within in normal until this winter across Lake Ontario and the SLR a previous poster mentioned an inch a week not seeing anywhere that number maybe 1/4-1/2 and inch per week at best the rains last week it actually gained almost 1/2. Fishing is still great as others mentioned might have to change things up but don't let it change your plans. The Bass Elite goes out of Waddington the 600 ft rule is for St. Lawrence County not the entire river I'm not sure how far St. Lawrence extends down stream.

The 600ft rule is for the whole st Lawrence river and Lake Ontario There was an executive order signed the other day extending the temporary law until August 2nd I believe here is a link put out from the governors office

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-multi-agency-actions-enforce-no-wake-zone-along-lake-ontario-and-st

It's not only the river it's all of the shore line of LakeO, it's a sad situation!! And if you don't see it with your own eyes you just can't imagine what these folks have been dealing with since ice out.

Was up camping at wisp all last week ...water is high, docks are flooded and rocks and shoals that you normally see are hiding. We did make a few trips around the island one was to see the fireworks at Bolt castle at night. The currents didn't seem any different then normal. And at least for us the fishing sucked ....hit up all the normal spots that produced fish for us over the years and only managed a few small perch and rock bass and one pike. STILL WAY BETTER THEN BEING AT WORK !!!!  Oh and talking to the guys at the bait store  are really enforcing the speed limit. Haha guy told me you could be out in a boat with no numbers drinking a beer giving the bird and they would prob let you go ....too much ripple in the water WATCH OUT

Edited by Ice Pirates

• 2 weeks later...