Henderson Harbor Salmon Fishing

Fished 7/16 afternoon/evening.....had a lot of marks 80-100 down over 12o-150 fow but couldn't get anything to move a rod.  Tried everthing except meat...figure marks had to be salmon but could it be anything else?

I'm going it's better tomorrow morning then. We are going to test our luck. If we can find where they ate hitting. I know where the wall at the shipping lanes are and the finger but not sure where the "mountain" is that everyone speaks of is at on the gps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm going it's better tomorrow morning then. We are going to test our luck. If we can find where they ate hitting. I know where the wall at the shipping lanes are and the finger but not sure where the "mountain" is that everyone speaks of is at on the gps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From what I know (and have been told) the mountain is closer to Stony Point than the finger...

IMG_6476.thumb.PNG.61845ad87aa1d3e8bf8be15487207025.PNG

The crosshairs are on the top of it. You can see the mark for Stony Lighthouse above the blue question mark. It's drops off into the trench. Sometimes the fish hug it. Like the wall make sure your down rigger drag is set loose.

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy

Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

In a month the salmon will hold along the wall near the mountain into the trench.  The fishing will shift to FF and herring strips.  Combat fishing will begin and there will be boats everywhere.  Fish the mountain wall and trench early and late and move to the finger and off sandy pond in 150' of water during the day.  If the boat traffic allows, try a dipsey diver. Good luck.  

Edited by markdaniel

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, here til Saturday. Let me know when you're around. Wind is suppose to come down tonight, so hopefully it'll be ok in the morning. Headed out of Stony and see what it looks like. If it's still nasty out there, I'll pack it in, pic up my bait and try to get some perch. Really want to be out deep though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There were some kings around the finger friday and saturday last week.  See my report from earlier this week.  Not sure what the weather this week did to them.

Fished this morning from 6:30-10:00. Good temps down around 100 ft over 150 near the finger. 2 lakers took a spoon down 115 on the rigger. Picked up a king on a 450 copper with a spoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Haha... I've been around - just haven't found the time to be on here a whole lot...

My 2 1/2 year old and 4 month old sons eat up every second of my time when I'm not actively fishing. I haven't even had the energy to do much GoPro video action either.

I wish I had the cameras on the boat today to capture that nice steelie snap off the outrigger on a 10 color with spoon. I absolutely love the sound of an outrigger sounding off!!

20170730_055655.thumb.jpg.e663568cc076c734d8aed8e5e26b3e28.jpg

20170730_055638.thumb.jpg.f2bcbd5f467c43634ca1089aff4a0ae3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app