So the last few day's I've fished in the pm and haven't done very well, 2 fish each nite. The fishings better in the morning right, so I get up at 4:30 today, drive 30 min out to Sodus, putt- putt for another 30 min to get out to the lake, then another 30 min to get out to 150 fow and set up. Now it's 6:30.

I troll around the 150-170 area for an hr with nothing happening. Even shadowed some charter captains from a distance and listened to them on the radio, they weren't having much luck either.

Decided to go north and not turn around till I caught something. Finally in 315 the 250 wire with f/f fires with a nice 16 lb King.

By the time I net him and clear the other rods of fleas(4 riggers, 2 wires) I'm in freaking 450 fow.

Turn around, head south and get one more King, 10 lbs, in 180 fow on rigger 130 down f/f.

Missed one on 100 rigger with f/f in 160.

Ended up 2-3 for almost 7 hrs of trolling! Oh well, better than working.

Nothing on spoons or meat.

The fleas are horrible. Even on wire. If you wait a half hr to clear them it's a mess. Had about 18 inches of flea at the end of my wire dipseys at times

So that's my report if you want to call it that, good luck to all.IMG_1340.JPGIMG_1341.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks pap, I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one struggling. Are you having the same problem with fleas as I am? I'm going to try sea flea and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had some fleas on the Sea Flee line when out on Tuesday and that is the first time in about 4 year years using that line. They are really thick this season. The line diameter thing is no guarantee either . A couple years ago on Keuka they wee so thick on the 150 lb downrigger wire it blocked them from coming up.

Edited by Sk8man

Haha! Anyone can shoot fish in a barrel , you never see a report of somebody getting skunked at the oak. Told ya if you wanna test your skills, fish outta Sodus then we will compare notes, besides, you missed 16 fish!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United