What line?

Diesel- Billy's suggestion ( as always) is a good one in general. But I made a post here just on Monday that having fished out of the Oak this past Sunday, the fleas seem to be on the downward side( at least out of that port) . This was also confirmed by Capt. Paul -Free Spirit- Having said that, we are in fact backing off to 20#. I like Stren. Never had a prolem with it. Best of luck to all in the L.O.C. Be safe-Duane - HeavenBound

This might be a tad too late, but here is my two cents. I have run the Ande's, the Silverthread, the stren, and the Berkley's. They are all great lines. Each line has its pros and cons. I now run a line out of the west coast called McCoy Mean Green. I believe one captain and one rec are running it out of Rochester now, and I know of a captain running it out of Sandy now. I have heard no complaints! We run the 25lb and when the fleas are at thier worst you get a smidge here and there. Im talking peak when every 30 minutes you have to pull your wires becasue a 1-2' is riding in front of the dipsey. The week of the Oswego Pro/Am was pretty bad during practice and we didnt bring up any fleas on our rigger rods. Its still a round line so there is no weird lay on the reel. Its not cheap, but it doesnt frey easy, and has a great life span.

The owner passed away last year from cancer, and in his will it was stated that the recipe could never be sold to Pure fishing/berkley/stren/whatever.....lol If your really into looking for areat line it should be at the top of your list. Just by looking at my reports you can see i beat the heck out of it all year on kings!

I have tried to get it into a couple of tackle shops, but since its a line with little popularity in this part of the US its tough. Your best bet would be to order it from them online or another tackle shop online.

I put line to the test this weekend. On different rods I ran #20 flea-flicker, #30 flea-flicker and #30 trilene XT. While the wire and braid divers were collecting fleas like crazy as an indicator the fleas were there......none of the downrig lines collected fleas. Flea-flicker works, probably ANY #30 line will work. Now during the east-end pro-am events I ran #25 trilene and had real problems with fleas so it looks like the tipping point on line diameter is 30 Lb. If I had to pick one over the other I like the trilene xt #30 green because it is invisible in green water....the flea-flicker looks like you are trolling with rope.