EverStart Maxx Group Size 29 Marine Battery

EverStart Maxx Group Size 29 Marine Battery

Sorry to bring up batteries, but I'm buying a new trolling battery and was going for an EverStart Maxx Group Size 29 Marine Battery. Prblem is, the web site states it only has 85 RC. This used to be 205 with about 125 AH. Does anyone know for sure what exactly the specs are on this battery? Not older ones, but new 2017 batteries. Apparently, the store does not.

Volts
12 V
Cold Crank Amp
Reserve Capacity
Manufacturer Part Number
MAXX-29DC
Contained Battery Type
Lead Acid
Model
MAXX-29DC
Brand
EverStart Maxx

My other option is going to be an Interstate if this does not pan out.

I have a size 29 interstate and a size 24 Interstate, both bought new last year and they are holding up just fine. I also have two size 24 Everstart marine batteries from walmart that are 2 years old and they seem to be holding up just fine too. I like the extra reserve capacity on the Interstate batteries, but both brands have been 100% reliable in my boats.

14 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

I think it is rated at 122 RC. It's best to check the actual battery label in the store.

They do not have the RC rating on the battery anymore on everstarts. I had one for cranking and lasted me for seven years. My other trolling bat is a Diehard i have since 2009 and is still performing at peak power. So I went and got a new second diehard and in one year, 11 days it will only take 75% and will drain in about 3 days off charge. That's why I'm leaning to the Everstart MAXX.

That's crazy! The Die Hard is supposed to be a reliable battery. Interstates are hard to find around here. I got mine at Gander Mountain, but they are closing shop now. I would have no problem with buying another Everstart MAXX. Walmart is pretty good with their return policy too.

The everstarts work fine.  The warranty works as well.  I only get 1 season but they replace them.  I drain my  batteries way down every trip and after 75 charges or so the performance drops a bit and after 100 I don't have enough reserve.  I run 5 on my boat and we have 4 in each of the boys' bass boats.  Compared to other batteries in the same price range they are cheaper and about as good.  

Bait,

Are you running a 24 volt or 12 volt with 2 batteries? I upgraded from a 12 volt trolling motor with one battery to a 24 volt and just bought a new battery. The old one was a few years old. They say you should have 24 volt batteries of the same age or as the older one starts to die it will drain/may kill the newer one. I didn't have enough cash laying around to get 2 new ones and the wife was already mad at me for my spending this year. I haven't had a problem yet but did notice the battery light on the trolling motor has never gone past the 3/4 mark. I do need to get a newer charger for faster charging as the one that came with the boat takes 24 or more hours.

Running 12v. Have two batteries because I have two boats. Each have a 12 volt motor.

You mention charger, I opted for a portable instead of an onboard because of the two boats. I scoured around a bit and decided on an NOCO smart charger. (G15000). It's a 15 amp and will charge a battery 50% down in about 3 hours. They do have a 2 and 3 bank onboard with 10 amps per bank.

Has anyone tried an AGM battery for trolling motors?  If you can handle the price increase in an AGM battery, they are better suited for trolling motor use than your standard wet cell batteries.  Sam's club has the same AGM batteries as West Marine at about 1/2 the price:

West Marine:  https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--dual-purpose-agm-battery-105-amp-hours-group-31--15020258?recordNum=15

Sam's Club:  https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?xid=plp3990105-auto:product:1:3

I have a yellow top batteries in for my main, and new yellow top as secondary battery that runs my riggers and all my electronics, 2 fish finder, a stand alone GPS so I can run my finder on the two pages, bottom scan and the sonar, Moore sub troll, and of course the vhf on scan so I can pick up whoever and whatever I can. I got the yellow tops as they are a duel purpose, I needed on to start the main and be able to handle the load going back in to the battery from the alternator. Which I built for my boat, 145 amps it puts out at 2800 rpm. So far so good, we fished from 6:am till 7:30 pm 13.5 hrs and the boat fired right up, so I was pleased. For how long I don't know yet. I hope lasts 4-5 years. For that I have in $$ for these batteries, one was bought as a blem, only paid $75 for a yellow top.