Cayuga 7/5 Long Point Lake trout fishing using Iron Duke trolling flies

Wanted to send a shout out to Iron Duke Trolling Flies. Been having trouble getting a consistent lake trout bite on spin doctors and fly combos so I gave Mike a call. I purchased some of his flies and he answered some questions for me. Mike was very helpful and willing to answer my questions. Below is a photo of the first lake trout caught using one of his flies. Ended up running two SD/fly rigs for about 2 1/2 hours and went seven for eight. One rig was on a downrigger and the other was off a number one wire Dipsy 190 out. Again, thank you Mike for your help.

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That looks like a Bellis program fly. ?, and I like the SD! WTG nice catch! Note the bead placement also , two beads above the single hook looks good!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a Game Over Fly John... You'll fall in love with that one when you see it in the water this weekend lol..

Mike

1498731523979-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

John, that's funny you called that a Bellis Fly. I had forgotten that I grabbed one of those at the Watkins Glen show this past spring. One of my other rigs that caught fish also was that fly behind a large big Al flasher. I was quite surprised they would hit that just behind the big flasher. Plan on fishing this weekend and hopefully the winds don't get too crazy. Hopefully I'll see you, good luck this weekend to Mike and yourself.
IMG_2041.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a Game Over Fly John... You'll fall in love with that one when you see it in the water this weekend lol..

Mike

1498731523979-1.thumb.jpg.174ff83f6b8d1589ee0f4bfd9f7e2179.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We'll see Mr! Love is a big word!! Gonna be tough to out fish the UV wild child!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My mistake, I was just looking at some things getting ready for tomorrow and that fly is actually the Bruised Alewife. Either way it's one of Iron Duke Trolling Flies that catch fish. [emoji1][emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United