anyone else use this site?

I've placed 3 orders with GLoutdoors.com and am very happy with Captain Scott's service, on my 3rd large order within a 5 week period I got a free Dreamweaver hat and even some personal emails from Scott asking how I found out about them etc. We sent some emails back and forth, very nice guy and very helpful as well. I've told alot of my buddy's about his store and he will get my business again in the future. Prices are great as well and I got free shipping all 3 times. (order's over 100.00) can't beat that!!!

Have to say that I've used the site as well. As all have mentioned, been very pleased. Having said that however, being a business man myself, I'm a firm believer in that whenever or wherever possible, I patronize the local shops first and foremost. Usually fishing out of the Oak, that would be Capt.s Cove, Narby's or Lake Breeze Marina. You may pay a little more for a particular item, but the service, loyalty and other benefits often outweigh an extra buck or 2. Point being, don't forget to buy local if possible. Most of these places can order what you may need. Capt. Scott is a great guy. Talked to him on different occasions. But my first phone call is usually to any of the local shops .

Chinook...man you hit that one on the head. I seldom do internet shopping and I sure won't go to Gander or Dicks. Like Chinook I spend my fishing budget through the "Little guy " shops. Gregg and Michele at captains cove are fantastic. If they don't have something, they can usually get it for you in a few days. The loyalty is a big thing with them. Like any good run business....the owners take care of their good customers.

Not to take away from Captain Scott....he runs a first class operation. If I really needed to online shop for fishing stuff, I would use his site......

Chinook...good job bringing up that point!

I'm not affiliated with www.gloutdoorstore.com in any way either, other than Capt. Scott and I talked about the LOU community earlier this spring and he offered us a 5% discount at the beginning of the season. That discount offer has since expired. I read this thread earlier today and talked to him again and he's asked me to pass along a 6% discount to any LOU members who shop with him before Sept. 10th. Just type in discount code billvpennyan at the checkout and you'll receive that discount on your purchase. I don't benefit from this in any way other than knowing that I might have helped someone save a buck or two.

I generally buy what I can from Screwy Louies in Fair Haven and at other shops around the lake when I frequent them. The hard to find items I buy online at reputable places like gloutdoorstore.

Have to say that I've used the site as well. As all have mentioned, been very pleased. Having said that however, being a business man myself, I'm a firm believer in that whenever or wherever possible, I patronize the local shops first and foremost. Usually fishing out of the Oak, that would be Capt.s Cove, Narby's or Lake Breeze Marina. You may pay a little more for a particular item, but the service, loyalty and other benefits often outweigh an extra buck or 2. Point being, don't forget to buy local if possible. Most of these places can order what you may need. Capt. Scott is a great guy. Talked to him on different occasions. But my first phone call is usually to any of the local shops .

I agree, but for guys like me who are from out of state (ohio) most of our local shops (walleye gear) they do not carry to much salmon gear, I always purchase from local shops if they do have stuff in stock but alot of the spoons, fly's and flashers and dodgers aren't available. The shop I run out of ordered stuff for me and he does carry a limited selection of spin docs and spoons for salmon, hardware, beads, hooks and flouro for leaders which I did buy locally. When I get up to Point Breeze/Olcott next tuesday I'll be sure to leave a couple hundred Ohio dollars in the local shops I'm sure of it. Gotta support the local shop!!

I hit the web as last resort plus from out of state no sales tax and free shipping. I spent over 500 with gloutdoors if I would have gotten all that stuff through local shops it would have cost over 600, no cabelas or bass pro for me.