Dipsies

From the Dipsy to the flasher fly or lure. Do you guys run straight regular line or are you guys running Flurocarbon leader. I have been running straight 30 pound big game and have caught plenty of fish that way. But recently I have read a few articles were guys are running fluro leaders from the dipsy to the flasher or lure. Just curious what everyone else is running!

If the line is abraded from touching bottom, I am going to replace it no matter what I use. Fluoro is expensive. Mono cinches down on knots better than fluoro.  On Lake Ontario the water is green, you don't need fluoro. If I was fishing Huron.....yes I would use Fluoro. 

Edited by Gill-T

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bout time said:

30lb Berkley Big Game from dipsy to flasher / fly. I will only use Fluoro if I'm running spoons off my dipsies

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

x2 only 40 lb Big Game and I tie my own flies with 50lb Big Game after having commercial ones with fluoro break. Reason: it has some stretch to it to withstand very hard strikes (as in Kings:)) Fluoro on the other hand has very little stretch and is less forgiving. I use 20 lb fluoro for spoons.

Edited by Sk8man

It's probably a mental thing over anything else, but when I'm running paddles it's 30lb mono. When I'm running spoons I go to 20lb Fluoro. When I'm running spoons on divers I'm typically targeting Steelbow or Brown Trout. I think these fish tend to be more line shy, but again this is probably more a mental thing.

It's probably a mental thing over anything else, but when I'm running paddles it's 30lb mono. When I'm running spoons I go to 20lb Fluoro. When I'm running spoons on divers I'm typically targeting Steelbow or Brown Trout. I think these fish tend to be more line shy, but again this is probably more a mental thing.

X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app