Otisco DEC to Host Public Meeting for Proposed Otisco Lake Boat Launch

DEC to Host Public Meeting for Proposed Otisco Lake Boat Launch

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will host a public meeting to provide information and answer questions about its proposal to develop a DEC Boat Launch Site on Otisco Lake, located in the town of Spafford, Onondaga County.

The meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 19, at 6:30 p.m. at the Amber Fire Department, 2223 Amber Road, Marietta.

Otisco is the only Finger Lake currently without a public boat launch. The Otisco Lake Boat Launch Site will be located on former Onondaga County Water Authority (OCWA) land, just south of the causeway on the west side of Otisco Lake.

DEC Fisheries management activities at Otisco Lake include:

• Annual stocking of 11,000 tiger muskellunge fingerlings (9-10” long);
  • Biennial stocking of 44,000 walleye pond fingerlings (1.5” long); and
  • Routine fish community assessments to evaluate stocking success and effectiveness of fisheries regulations.
  • Onondaga County Hatchery annually stocks approximately 2,500 2-year old brown trout (13” long).

The meeting will include a presentation about the anticipated Otisco Lake Boat Launch Site project schedule, in addition to facility design and operation. DEC staff will be available to answer questions following the presentation

That's super Chad thanks for posting. One of the main reasons we never fished Otisco is the launch system. If you were able to come and go at your leisure, not using the campground ramp at 2:30 am or so, I don't know where else there's a launch useable? I guess there isn't.

I can relate to that Landshark, I know when they put the nice new all blacktop ramp in on our local lake years ago, all the unwanted city crap came with it, including the F'n PWC Bastards, talk about clueless to a on coming or going with fishing boat, they have an area to where they are supposed to stay but it's not enforced, move a 1/2 of foot with out the transom light and that's a $63.50 fine!! Go Figure. I didn't know Otisco had a launch other than the campground. Hell I'd fly up there with my 18fter to screw around for a day or so!! Getting her ready for fishing/ fun boat trying to make all fishing goodies quick disconnect so I can pull the kids on the tube. Good thread!!

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't the marina still have a launch?  I haven't been there in 8 or 9 years.  we used to launch there and park our rig at the parking lot across the street and south 200 yards.  Was $5 each......jk

I can relate to that Landshark, I know when they put the nice new all blacktop ramp in on our local lake years ago, all the unwanted city crap came with it, including the F'n PWC Bastards, talk about clueless to a on coming or going with fishing boat, they have an area to where they are supposed to stay but it's not enforced, move a 1/2 of foot with out the transom light and that's a $63.50 fine!! Go Figure. I didn't know Otisco had a launch other than the campground. Hell I'd fly up there with my 18fter to screw around for a day or so!! Getting her ready for fishing/ fun boat trying to make all fishing goodies quick disconnect so I can pull the kids on the tube. Good thread!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app