Looking for a starting point for Oak Orchard

2 minutes ago, AaronClark91 said:

Go to the west. By Johnson's or further, 120-150 fow. I was out on Tuesday and had good luck there. 0704172047_HDR.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A lot has changed since Tuesday. East wind brought the temp break at 80' to 35' on Wednesday. It stayed there on Thursday, and I'm assuming the NW wind will drive it back down. Still a good starting point.

A lot has changed since Tuesday. East wind brought the temp break at 80' to 35' on Wednesday. It stayed there on Thursday, and I'm assuming the NW wind will drive it back down. Still a good starting point.

Mother nature always throwing curve balls! 3-5 footers this weekend too, that might change the situation

Sent from my VS995 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was out for about an half an hour really bumpy. Hoping it lays down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for all the help. We started at 120 fished out to 220. 1 for 4 all on spoons. Broke 3 off, was on a friends boat I think he had some bad leaders. Lost 3 spoons in 45 seconds. 2 on the hit and 1 45 seconds into the fight. Was really bumpy out there today.

I really appreciate this information. I am going to Oak Orchard for my first time next Thursday. I had no idea where to start until I read this thread. I am still not sure what direction to go, either west, east or straight out. But at least I know what depth to try. I'll be looking for other boats and will probably sort of follow them at a discreet distance.

Thanks.

Most of the charter boats went west. We went straight out and started west. One of our crew started to get sick so we turned east so it wasn't so bumpy, we didn't have as many hits once we turned east. Good luck.