Cayuga Salvo derby

Wow, 12-12 salmon is really incredible!!  And the brown and lakers too, wow.  Big fish out there for sure!  Best I could land was an 8-14 laker and 6-4 LL.  All in all did 28 fish for the weekend, great variety and had a blast.  Congrats to the winners, great time!  

some nice fish caught to win  their divisions , congrats to the winners ... Saturday we did 33 lakers the top two weighed in at 7.12 and 8 lbs and that ended to be the two  biggest for the weekend . sunday we did 14 lakers nothing over 6 lbs . i have never had so many tangles in my  life today . made me start to think why do i fish ,LOL ended up just running the two rig rods to keep us from going crazy .. 

Edited by fisherdude

7 hours ago, fisherdude said:

some nice fish caught to win  their divisions , congrats to the winners ... Saturday we did 33 lakers the top two weighed in at 7.12 and 8 lbs and that ended to be the two  biggest for the weekend . sunday we did 14 lakers nothing over 6 lbs . i have never had so many tangles in my  life today . made me start to think why do i fish ,LOL ended up just running the two rig rods to keep us from going crazy .. 

Something to note we had some crazy down currents in spots today at times I had to go 3.0 an surface to get 2.2 at ball other times I had to go 1.5sog to get 2.4-2.6 at ball

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who went out to enjoy the lake. It was definitely a great weekend to be out there. We fished both days and wound up with some nice fish when it was all said and done. We reached deep into the bag of tricks to find something that worked on Saturday and once we were dialed in that pattern Saturday afternoon, that pattern produced well for us that afternoon and early on Sunday.  Hit the grand slam both days and Saturday's grand slam of keepers was a first for my boat. Targeted silver fish and picked up probably 10 lakers by accident. None of the lakers were going to go 8lbs plus so we didn't weigh any. We landed probably 40 fish over the two days, with most of them coming on Saturday. We landed a best-ever for our boat 6lb 10oz landlocked that made a brief appearance on the board, plus a 5lb 11 oz brown, and another salmon and brown in the low 5s. We had a couple rookies on Saturday who dropped two big fish at the boat within 10 minutes, so that was frustrating, but I guess that's why it's called fishing and not catching, right?

Ran into those crazy currents in the same area both days and the riggers were blowing way back when trolling south -- had trouble keeping the riggers from tripping no matter how much we adjusted things. I don't have down speed, but definitely should have sped up more after hearing your experience, suttontroller... Maybe I need to invest in a probe.

See you all out there on the water.

Kyle