Lake George equipment

Lake George equipment

Have not been to Lake George since childhood.  Back then I fished for bass off the docks.  I will have access to a rental ski boat for the group so I will of course will bring some trolling bags!!!!!  Plan on bringing a couple of thumper bottom rigs, an eight color and my spin gear for jigging bass.  What else should I bring?

I do most of my fishing there. Spoons with purple and blue (kranx blue demon) have done well for me with the landlocks. They are making a comeback. Odd rainbow being caught also. I don't fish for bass but we messed around with a rapala flat lined while trolling 100+ftw and caught a lot of smallmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, dawg said:

Slide divers and leadcore for landlocks

How many colors of leadcore would be best for July?  I imagine there will be no rod holders on the boat so it will be a limited spread.

I fish the western 'daks in August.  We find the landlocks right on top on calm mornings, generally using Lake Clear wabblers with a 30 inch leader and a two hook gang and minnow.  You want to be on the water with the lights on the boat, well before legal sunrise, and we quit as soon as the skiers start, or the fog lifts, unless the fish are still showing here and there. 

Good call Lucky......I just realized I have two on my boat I can bring along.  I am going to have that ski boat looking like a porcupine yet!

1 hour ago, Striperhound said:

jig them up all you want and no trolling 

Ah but there is something very relaxing about putting some rods in their holders and puttin' around while taking in the scenery.  

A buddy of mine has been killing them up there this year. Told me it's been mostly a leadcore bite rigger bite has been tough but he generally fishes after work.