Coyote takes off neighbors finger

Family a mile west of me have had yotes bothering their dog recently. Last weekend their dog got into a scrap with a couple and my buddy's wife went out to break it up and lost most of a finger in the process. There isn't much woods or cover where they live so it surprises me. I'm going to be more careful letting mine out and may take a little more aggressive stance regarding those that visit my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow!! Yesterday we were going up our road and there's a big woods that opens up into a freshly cut field at 3:30 pm there were 2 adults in the field, they just looked at us, I even backed up some so I could see by lord there they stood!! This is why you shouldn't leave the house without the flint!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2017 at 4:34 PM, whaler1 said:

I'm going to be more careful letting mine out and may take a little more aggressive stance regarding those that visit my property.

I'm thinking the ones that have been visiting already think your approach is aggressive enough! Well, check that....... most of them aren't breathing anymore, let alone thinking....

I had not heard about the incident. It's amazing how bold they get in the offseason........

I will admit some of your areas have a problem but I am not for yearly hunting on them...maybe in the problem areas sure but down here we don't have them like that and I'd like to keep my opportunity to catch them when the fur is nice and they are not pups.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Half I kill have mange. Have them around my yard daily. Would be doing them a favor by thinning the heard.
They were very rare here in the early 90's. Now it's out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Half I kill have mange. Have them around my yard daily. Would be doing them a favor by thinning the heard.
They were very rare here in the early 90's. Now it's out of control.

Yea I have followed your coyote stories seems like you are in one of the areas that could use full season.

Some of the really mangey ones are right out of the walking dead. Horrible way to go for such a majestic animal. Mange is a factor of over population. Cut and dry.
I'm not helping the ones I kill. I'm definitely helping the ones that are left.

Some of the really mangey ones are right out of the walking dead. Horrible way to go for such a majestic animal. Mange is a factor of over population. Cut and dry.
I'm not helping the ones I kill. I'm definitely helping the ones that are left.

Absolutly agree I take 1 a year average with mange but normally just the beginning stage. Glad others are thinking beyond just shoot to destroy as we are. They are here for a reason and do help our ecosystem . Coyote can be a problem animal but with the right control measures can be held to maintainable levels. Just wish our state would figure stuff out better. Not just yotes either

Awesome.......that dark one would be on my wall...if I trap a black one it's on the wall for sure....

Yea I never got that vibe from you. I read so much on Facebook hunting pages and even the hunting forums I'm on about these "sportsman" who talk about finding pups in dens for population control it makes me wonder sometimes.

Damn that's unfortunate...hopefully this state pulls head out and realizes cant blanket law the state with everything...just like deer coyote need attn in different areas. A year round season in your area would not only help population but also the disease. Can only imagine the other animals ita spreading to