Trim tabs

lily

Has anyone any experiences good bad or indifferent with the self leveling trim tabs. Naticus makes some there are other brands also. Not brand oriented unless 1 is way better than the other but looking for something to help my 21 ft Thompson get up on a plane. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The new Lenco Electric trim tabs are very nice. Installation is very easy and self explanatory, everything is plug and play. They are very responsive and no need to run hydraulic lines or anything. I put the 9"x12" on my boat and they work great. Good luck 

my boat came with a bennett auto leveling control system.It works great when working,it does have electrical corrison issues .The company could have done a better job on wiring to make it more reliable.

4 hours ago, Sea-IV said:

The new Lenco Electric trim tabs are very nice. Installation is very easy and self explanatory, everything is plug and play. They are very responsive and no need to run hydraulic lines or anything. I put the 9"x12" on my boat and they work great. Good luck 

X2  I put these on my 22' Grady last year best move ever.

My boat was awful with the nose standing just about strait it was dangerous to pull my girls around on a tube you couldn't see in front of you for a long time!! My wife told me no more till that gets resolved. I called a big boat sales outfit in Bethlehem Pa. And they recommend the set I have on. They are self leveling type. Easy to install the direction were spot on and the hole you use are self explanatory. Took boat to lake and it was like a different boat, only one thing I needed to do was go 2 more holes on the port side due to batteries and I went a little more because of my kicker when it's on. I forget the name but I remember they were over $100.00 but not over $150.00 and I'm very pleased. Then they talked me into a 4 blade prop. Now I'm on plane in very very short distance, and 25 to 3000 rpm for a short time and back to 1800 to 2000 rpm to stay on plane. I'm very pleased and it didn't break the bank. The guys over across from Henchens told me to go with a aluminum 4 blade and I asked why aluminum, his words were The stainless steel props are what keep us in business they don't give and that's what's busting up lower units where the aluminum will save your azz in that situation. I was Leary about the aluminum but so far so good. Pap.

Pap that is exactly the problem I am having with nose standing. Thanks for the input. They say not to run the tabs with a hydrofoil does anyone know if they are ok to use with a trolling plate on the out drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I took mine off as the directions to do so I don't know if it really interfere with the tabs? But it works so good why question it!!

Just about any boat afloat will benefit from trim tabs,and .In many cases the improvement will be incredibly significant.

Tabs can change the attitude of the ride for the better,whether it's to bring the bow down  in a head sea,or to keep the hull level when trolling or running in a beam sea.Once you have tabs you will never want to go without them again.. I have a set of 12x12 with drop down fins on my 23 Seacraft and even though this hull  has an incredible ride,I still find the tabs to be a big help.

When we're running back to port at speed in a quartering sea adjusting the port or starboard tab will do a great job of keeping the boat level and soften the ride and reducing the spray.I also find that the 3" drop down edge on the tabs helps to keep the boat from wandering at low speed when coming into a harbor or when docking.

As for the manufactures The majors are all good,but In my experience Bennett without a doubt has one of the best customer service departments in the industry.In fact I have to say that they have the best service in the marine industry.They sent me some parts for free well after the warranty expired and had a tech stay on the phone with me more than an hour after their closing time.

They offer both Hydraulic and electric models.I've had their hydraulic models on my last two boats and after more than 15 years I've had only two or three minor issues and they were taken care of extremely fast by Bennett.

personally I feel that if your going to spend the money for tabs get the adjustable ones.The automatic type can help somewhat,but there is so much you can do with the adjustable tabs,why not get the most out of them.Its like spending thousands of dollars on a sonar unit and only running it in auto mode when its capable of so much more.