Sold / Closed 12 lb Cannonball Wanted

12 lb Cannonball Wanted

Hi Gang,

Made another donation to Lake Ontario today on the maiden voyage of the Sea Lion.  Wanted to get a temp so I attached my Moor Sub Troll to my rigger with the breakaway cable holding the 12 lb ball.  I can tell you the break away worked.  Going 30 seconds on a troll when I saw the rigger wire go limp.   GRRRRRR!  Happy though it was the break away and not my sending unit. Anyhoot, now in need of a normal 12lb round cannonball.  I live in Penfield but don't want to go too far out of the area.  

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by Sea Lion

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2017 at 5:30 PM, Sea Lion said:

12 lb Cannonball Wanted

Hi Gang,

Made another donation to Lake Ontario today on the maiden voyage of the Sea Lion.  Wanted to get a temp so I attached my Moor Sub Troll to my rigger with the breakaway cable holding the 12 lb ball.  I can tell you the break away worked.  Going 30 seconds on a troll when I saw the rigger wire go limp.   GRRRRRR!  Happy though it was the break away and not my sending unit. Anyhoot, now in need of a normal 12lb round cannonball.  I live in Penfield but don't want to go too far out of the area.  

Thanks,

Bob

I have to ask...how on earth did you snag the ball?   Were you bottom bouncing?   If you were, pretty risky doing that with the sub troll probe attached!    

Too funny! There is one thing. The Kicker runs great and then on occasion sputters and I can see that the bulb is compressed. Not sure what that is? Overall I love it. Thank you again!

Sent from my XT1095 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If your bulb is compressed it's usually your flow control in your tank. There is a ball inline in your tank just behind your screen that will not let your fuel exit out of your fuel line too fast. It's a safety of sorts. Probably needs replaced.
Mine has gone bad before. Kept sucking the bulb flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi Fishnut,

Thanks for the insight.  I will check that out however in my case the bulb on the Tohatsu fuel line is really soft and when it is hot from being in the sun the bulb just flattens out when drawing gas.  I might add it also has to go through an inline fuel filter too.  It only happened a few times so at this point I'm not overly concerned about it.  When the motor does begin to sputter, I just go back to the bulb and manually squeeze it and we are good.

Again, thank you for the input.

Regards,

Bob Lyons