Gambler Rigs on fire this norning

Gambler Rigs on fire this norning

A little back story. Went out fishing with dad two weekends ago out of Myers and didn't move a rod all morning. 

I picked up a couple Gambler rigs per suggestions, and headed out this morning to give it another shot. Major shout out to Gambler rigs. 

We launched out of long point and headed north this morning. Set up in 100-120 feet of water. Put one of the Gambler Rigs on behind a set hammerheads and couldn't keep the rod in the water. Even dad, who tends to be a little less optimistic than I am, was smiling and having fun. Fished from 630-930 and boated 11 lakers and missed two off the back of the boat. Fish were all a decent size with 3 being well over 24 inches. Definitely a day for the memory books.

20170709_075507.jpg

Congrats sstout, yes it's hard to beat a Gambler Riggs, they simply work!! Designed by a guy that loves to fish lakers and enough trophys and plaques and lived on the lake his whole life, why would anyone doubt Brian's products, I didn't swim any yet, looks like the first for me will be in 10 days, they will be tested out. I like to fish them in the trench. Get my daughters hooked on lakers. Then take it from there!! Thanks for the post!!  PAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Took some first timers (first time deep water trolling) fishing on Saturday evening in Lake Huron.  Lemon lime regular Gambler Rig with a green dodger took 5 fish, and a silver glow magnum with a trash can dodger took 1 fish.  They couldn't wipe the smiles off their face.  Largest was 8 pounds.  Funny how different colors are hot on different days.  I usually change up colors and rigs (bells vs dodgers) often until I find the right combination.  Bouncing on the bottom, 95ft flat section, 1.5 to 1.8mph.  I also tried spoons, but nothing beats Gambler Rigs for me so far when targeting lake trout.  I plan on trying them on rainbow trout in August on a large inland lake. 

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG