Newbie here questions for experienced Olcott guys

I fish out of Wilson 6 miles to the west, but generally Wilson to Niagara bar in April and then Olcott starts up in May and is decent through July. August and September is usually better out ports to the east.

As for rigs, If you're after kings, spread out your gear with divers and coppers from the top of the thermocline down to 43 degree water. My best rig the past few weeks has been a wire line magnum diver out 210-230 pulling paddle fly/meat. On a 1 setting these are about 100-110' down. These are pulling kings consistently 50-70' below the thermocline.

Leadcore is productive earlier in April and May, but June and July is a copper bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

25 minutes ago, John E Powell said:

I fish out of Wilson 6 miles to the west, but generally Wilson to Niagara bar in April and then Olcott starts up in May and is decent through July. August and September is usually better out ports to the east.

As for rigs, If you're after kings, spread out your gear with divers and coppers from the top of the thermocline down to 43 degree water. My best rig the past few weeks has been a wire line magnum diver out 210-230 pulling paddle fly/meat. On a 1 setting these are about 100-110' down. These are pulling kings consistently 50-70' below the thermocline.

Leadcore is productive earlier in April and May, but June and July is a copper bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Does anybody use braid or mono on diver rods ?