How much copper on 30 size reel?

How much copper on 30 size reel?

I have a couple 30 size reels I'd like to spool with copper... my question is how much copper can I run and still have enough backing? The reels are 455/30 capacity and I was hoping to run 300' of 45# copper and figured I could use 40 or 50lb braid (maybe even 30lb?) as backing instead of the usual 65lb to free up some space. I tried searching hoping to find some kind of conversion chart but can't find anything helpful. 

How much copper on 30 size reel? I have a couple 30 size reels I'd like to spool with copper... my question is how much copper can I run and still have enough backing? The reels are 455/30 capacity and I was hoping to run 300' of 45# copper and figured I could use 40 or 50lb braid (maybe even 30lb?) as backing instead of the usual 65lb to free up some space. I tried searching hoping to find some kind of conversion chart but can't find anything helpful. 

200' is too much but they are perfect for anything 175' or less

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What if I stepped down to 32lb copper line and 40lb braid?... Bloodrun only shows a 5ft depth difference between 32lb and 45lb copper. I'm looking for some setups to get in the 50-60 ft range and all I have available reel wise are a couple 30 size.

Edited by FishingFool34

I have a 100 and a 200 afw 30lb coppers on 30 series covectors, filled with unknown amount of 65lb blood run backing ...but they will not get you down to 50 or 60ft at salmon speeds , my 200 might be down 35-40ft with a spoon .. work good for browns when they move out and random steelbows

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app