Cayuga last night.

Fished the evening just 3 hr. Had that storm roll in at 7:30 or so. First time in my new gently used Lund. Ran great. Lakers and landlocks.

One must have jumped 5 feet 3 times. Fantastic fish. Unfortunately had to keep one gill damage. Riggers set at 40, 55 and 70. All 30 back. Speed various from 1.8 to 3.

Down side, Flees, gobs and gobs. Using 30 lb blood line works great. But the knot at the leader wow. And cables on the Riggers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1499856579658.jpg

I was also on Cayuga last night and got chased off by the storm. I was by Aurora with a diver 120 - 140 the rod never moved for 2 hours.

When I saw the storm coming I reeled in but the fleas jammed at the end of the rod I pulled the rest in by hand so I could get North and avoid the lightning and rain. Here are pics of the fleas and the weather, maybe next time fish pics.

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

They will cling to anything they can. Look up the Spiny waterflee. They look like jelly on your line in long 2 to 12 inch globs and they stick seriously smell.
I wash my bait well with clorox and water. 20 % mix. I fill the tank and leave it 30 minutes. I'm sure that length of time will kill them.
Then the day after I fish I take the boat to the car wash. Blast it with soap, hot water. Rinse.
The jenie is out of the bottle for most lakes they are all over but I try to do my part to kill them and other weeds and such.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They are probably to ashamed to consider attaching to my boat.  Boy do I want to got to a lake with decent sized lakers.  At Keyuka we get them but a 25 incher is rare and very thin, not a troller though.  Ilike the jigging hit-zoom.....jk

3 hours ago, jk1 said:

Do the fleas stick to the boat or did I misunderstand Fisherdud?  MCVIC that is a mess, I have never had to deal with them.....jk

the flea gobs come from  bringing in the lines and have to strip them of fleas . the wire rods cut threw the fleas and they fall where ever . when i was waxing up my kicker i notice the water intake had fleas in the small holes of the screen wasn't plug but made me think the kicker must had to drink a few , the kicker ran two 12 hour days i look at the i/o  intake holes they are bigger and didn't see any fleas there but the i/o didn't run much .

I do not think there are any in Keyuka, but I do not troll.  I do cast a lot as I like to eat the pickerel. But I WILL check the intake of my outboard.  Thanks for the warning.....jk   You know what, I think last year I did have them on my line somewhere, I forget where.....jk

I was out that day as well. We were on the south end. We put up the curtains up and stayed out. I got the brother to your salmon. We got a bunch of small salmon even though I was using bigger spoons. Only one laker.   Marked lots of bait. I was hoping to do catch and release that day but the big salmon had a huge lamprey on him. The hole in his side was bad so that fish ended up on the grill! It was a very interesting cloud formation. The best one was around 8:30pm.   Wes

jk1 the fleas can be horrible on Keuka when trolling and in fact a couple years ago I was fishing with JB there and we couldn't even retrieve the downrigger weights because of a 6 to 8 ft 3/4 inch diameter buildup without cleaning them off on the way up.

I do a lot of casting for pickerel when my friend is chasing pan fish there with worms and that must not be enough to notice them.  and Jigging for lakers does not produce them either so it must be trolling a distance to pick them up.  Thanks for the reply we all appreciate your posts here....jk  I will be checking my water intake on the outboard motor.