Cayuga newbie advice

Ok guys boat is now slipped at treeman in Ithaca running a 29 foot pursuit I am set with four bait casters with counters and dipsys I am set with spoons flashers and flies of the colors often listed here. Also have some 4 inch minnow power baits for jigging and might even grab some sawbellies for live bait action later in day... staying on boat for this weekend and looking for advice on where to start on south end of lake planning on heading out before first light.... thinking of getting to open water 80 ft or so and setting dds down between 55-70 and start trolling for bait balls any pointers from those familiar w lake ...? Or better yet anyone want to join? Lol first time running the rigs myself I'm equipped w live well and lowrance hd7 for electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

New to the trolling and a lake this big just finished restoring this boat so I'm looking to start a new adventure been a bass fisherman and did charters in Ontario for years so this is first time running my own rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Last week all fish I caught came over deep water 3 to 400 ft with dipsys out 240 all up mistake between boy scout camp and kidders. All Lakers. Marked a lot of high bait balls but no fish with them in the 30 to 40 ft range. People been doing good with salmon up high in the water column over 60 to 70 ft I just had no luck. All my fish came on flasher flies I couldn't buy a spoon bite. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I so far like this one unfortunately it was left open and decomposing for 10 years... it has been a long haul back ... but she is an 8000 pound boat and I have her topping at 35 mph now and can handle anything Lake can dish out... planning to canal it to Ontario in late August for kings anyone know how long a process that is from Cayuga ?

Lewis, hit the canal with us! We're leaving seneca am of July 28th. I did the trip from Oswego to seneca lake in a day. So plan on 2 days taking your time.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Thanks for invite... I need to hold off for hotter salmon on Ontario and for family reasons and while cruising can be fun I'm more mission oriented must get there must find fish lok