Luck ?

Went out Yesterday ,put down the riggers and decided to throw out a wire line with a Dipsey diver, sent out maybe 150 ft of wire and set the rod in the holder, well about 10 minutes later I hear a snap crash sound, turn around to see the Rod as it flew off the Boat and disappear into the waves ! Many choice words later I decided to pull up the Rigger lines. My Bottom line reeled in hard (told the girlfriend I think we hooked something big but it's dead ) well it gets close to the boat, she looks over the back and yells "it's a fishing pole" ..Got my pole back ! Is that luck or what ?

Last week we had a fish go under a rod and my buddy reached to help me and the net dropped off the back off the boat, my buddy released the middle rigger and about 60 seconds later it starts jumping, net on. Landed it and the fish.

Had the same thing happen a few years ago! Once we brought the pole in after we thought she was gone, set it back in the rod holder since the dipsy never tripped and 30 sec later caught the biggest King of the day to help us win the Sandy Creek Shootout!! I'll take luck any day of the week!

12 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

Had the same thing happen a few years ago! Once we brought the pole in after we thought she was gone, set it back in the rod holder since the dipsy never tripped and 30 sec later caught the biggest King of the day to help us win the Sandy Creek Shootout!! I'll take luck any day of the week!

Didn't that happen with the net off your boat as well and we hooked it on the diver rod. Richie probably remembers.