Seneca lake new marina

That particular spot was once one of the best Fall perch spots on Seneca Lake (before the Ramada was built) They mention $750,000. I think a 100 slip marina will cost a lot more than that. I also wonder who will run it etc. The city right now has some real close minded individuals calling the shots at the lakefront...witness the current proposal to charge launch fees at the Chamber launch and I hope it won't be the same architect that didn't have a clue regarding the design of the chamber launch (eg the curbing jutting out so it impedes launching and can ruin trailer tires etc. And then there is the elegant bathroom facilities that are basically off limits to fishermen most times and cater only to the tourists.... I think I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see details and have it come into fruition with open access to all.

Edited by Sk8man

I'm all for it. What I'm not for, is the state spending the money to build luxury cabins in sampson when the marina is in need of repair. There's only so many years before it will be shut down due to safety.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

I know, sampson a whole different situation, but it's still a state aided project.. ya know?

But a marina in geneva would be nice. I would keep my boat there in a heartbeat. Love sampson, but let's face it. It will not be around for long, chances are. Hope they KEEP fighting for it.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

It’s a dirty shame the state is letting the Sampson marina rust away. We need state money here. Yesterday they had a ribbon cutting ceremony for their new high class cabins they just built here. I didn’t go to the ceremony my wife did.  They had all the big shots there promoting their new cabins. I’m glad I didn’t go. They would have thrown me out.  I would let them all know how I feel about wasting 3 million of our money on new cabins we don’t need here when the rest of the park needs major repair money to upgrade this place. I guess we can expect this kind of thinking when we have a bunch of morons from the left spending our money.  We need a new way of thinking in New York State.  The Geneva water front is city money. So far I think they have done a very nice job trying to improve their waterfront. Do we really need a new marina when they have one up there now? They need something big to draw a lot of people to the area. This lake needs a marina half way down the lake. My wife did say something to them about the Sampson marina. They said they are trying to do something about the Sampson problem.  they sure are trying when they just spent 3 million on 10 new cabins.  The friend of Sampson was there too.  25 years now we have been trying to get state money to improve this marina. It’s still rusting away in very deplorable condition. 3 million could have gone a long way around here updating this park like roads new stone in the camping area tree cutting and improvements around the campground.  

On 7/13/2017 at 1:54 PM, guff said:

At the Chamber site, even a porti potty would be nice. I switched to the state park. They have facilities open  most of the time. Us old guys need that.

1 hour ago, Ray4852 said:

It’s a dirty shame the state is letting the Sampson marina rust away. We need state money here. Yesterday they had a ribbon cutting ceremony for their new high class cabins they just built here. I didn’t go to the ceremony my wife did.  They had all the big shots there promoting their new cabins. I’m glad I didn’t go. They would have thrown me out.  I would let them all know how I feel about wasting 3 million of our money on new cabins we don’t need here when the rest of the park needs major repair money to upgrade this place. I guess we can expect this kind of thinking when we have a bunch of morons from the left spending our money.  We need a new way of thinking in New York State.  The Geneva water front is city money. So far I think they have done a very nice job trying to improve their waterfront. Do we really need a new marina when they have one up there now? They need something big to draw a lot of people to the area. This lake needs a marina half way down the lake. My wife did say something to them about the Sampson marina. They said they are trying to do something about the Sampson problem.  they sure are trying when they just spent 3 million on 10 new cabins.  The friend of Sampson was there too.  25 years now we have been trying to get state money to improve this marina. It’s still rusting away in very deplorable condition. 3 million could have gone a long way around here updating this park like roads new stone in the camping area tree cutting and improvements around the campground.  

Both posts right on target!

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, ifishy said:

hopefully they hire someone good to design it not like that clusterf**** of a launch at the chamber of commerace

Don't let them screw it up like the one they (gov't.) just built in the Buffalo small boat harbor. A person alone can't even launch a boat, Its a really a bad set up.  They spent millions of $$ for junk.  They would not listen to the people that use it.

The buffalo small boat harbor is run by the Niagara transportation authority. They sucked the taxpayers dry for their new harbor.  They tried to copy the same setup they have down in western Ohio now around Port Clinton. Buffalo waterfront is too small to have a harbor like that. I hope the city of Geneva use a little common sense if they do decide to build a new marina. Keep it small about 50 slips. My wife and I use the walking trail all the time when we are here.  

Ray4852,  Then small boat is not run by the NFTA. anymore. It was taken over by the state a few years back which made it a state park, & they are the one's that put in the new launch . It is their design along with the Army corp. of engineers. & it was their way or nothing!  People can't figure out why they just didn't make the new launches like the old ones that worked great for years.?

Lineman 49

I was surprised how much they changed the area. It looks much better than the old buffalo harbor we had years ago. I fished out of the old marina during the 70s. The area was old school. I had good times there. I got sick of it and moved west to Barcelona, much better fishing. I agree the old marina was much better. Get a season pass for launching and I could launch all I want. Old ramp was big and deep. You could launch 25 ft boats with the old ramp. The new marina is to high class for me. I live to far away now to fish that part of Lake Erie.  I go to Barcelona now.  When I lived in Tonawanda back in the 70s I used the free ramp at Ferry Street. Came up the river fish the fish market or go over on the Canadian side to fish for walleye. You need two fishing license if you fish the river. Caught hundreds of walleye at Waverly shoals back during the 70s. It’s cheaper now for me to drag my gear down to the Finger Lakes 2 hour drive. The marina at Sampson is still old school yet. Most of the old guys I meet here have passed on. This place is changing now. I see something big coming here. Who knows when we get it? Like you said they want it their way. This place sucks now from Friday to late Sunday. Only time to fish now, Monday till Thursday.  Boat sits on the trailer during weekends. I let the experts use the lake. This lake looks like the Daytona 500 on weekends.