1 hour ago, garrymny said:

Ok, what does that mean for those of us who don't understand it, in a nutshell. I'm going out of Olcott sat morning 25th. Was going to troll between 100 and 200. Is the fishing no good now?

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You have over a week before you fish a couple days of west or NW wind and that cold water will get pushed back down

My typical day after a flip......
I go right to the chart and look for some bottom contour out in 500-550 range. Mark that spot and head out. Usually I'm expecting to get into a good steelhead day, cheaters off the riggers, junk lines, leadcores, (sinkers added or torpedo divers, etc).
Kings will be out there to no question about it but I'm expecting to Target steelhead.
Yrs later I have some good consistent waypoints that I keep going back to but at first I felt alittle in the "middle of nowhere".

If I choose to stay under 350fow it would be because I'm getting 50 degrees down at least 50'.

As I'm writing this someone is probably sucking majors off the floor is 80' [emoji23].

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just got word from a buddy out of olcott this morning. Surface temp is 48 degrees in 120 FOW. Just in time to ruin everybody's weekend plans

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thank you for that report king. So much for salmon this weekend for me- walleye on Erie it is. I've fished walleye more than salmon this year- my freezer loves it but my drags are dying to scream line again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you for that report king. So much for salmon this weekend for me- walleye on Erie it is. I've fished walleye more than salmon this year- my freezer loves it but my drags are dying to scream line again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Your welcome. I figured guys would like to know before hauling up here for the weekend. I wanted to go to sturgeon tomorrow but the forecast is not looking too nice

Sunday looks fishable King- tomorrow is looking like another work day at the hunting property to keep me from going stir crazy! Hope all is going well with your treatments king- Thanks again

4 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Great time to get a big brown.
Looking forward to the am.

Yes, shoreline trolling renewed. Break out the April gear. Also, the top of the Niagara drop will have warm water and bait

Edited by Gill-T