I have never fished when the lake has flipped. Where would be a good place to start. I will be going out of Olcott. Still impatiently waiting for my fishhawk. So fishing blind. Any help would be awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We're heading out tomorrow morning about 6. You can follow us out if you like

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

You have over a week before you fish a couple days of west or NW wind and that cold water will get pushed back down

actually, I put the wrong the date, we're going out of Olcott Tomorrow,  15th. So I guess its in shallow for browns, or go out to 350 and north.......thats the gist of what I am reading. Or I cold go to Erie for  walleyes have not been out there yet. I'm close to both lakes.

Hmm decisions.  

That's the same surface temps I had Thursday night out of Braddock's. Tuesday 50 degrees was roughly 95 down over 120. Thursday 50 degrees was roughly 50 down over 120.

If the weather and wind stabilizes can the lake simply push that cold back down, or is it inevitable that a flip is soon?

Seeing some decent King reports this morning

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have no clue how any one has 60s surface temp out of olcott I tried the in close yesterday it was 40 to 48 surface almost from pier heads to 130 this was 9am warmest down water I found was 44 down 28 ...i know to hit steelhead water but was so foggy and had a charter boat almost run over my shoot rod and 2 other close calls with boats I wasn't motoring out there ...i picked up a teenage king in a 100fow 120 back on wire diver no ring 3 setting c aptin valium spinny with atomic 506 fly only fished 3 hrs ...ill give it a few days

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app