Spoon hook replacement , what do you use ?

• 3 years later...
On 7/14/2017 at 7:18 PM, Sk8man said:

Ed I have used the the Mustad 3x SS Siwash Salmon hooks #9550?) formore than 30 years and I have them on well over 1000 or more spoons and have never had a failure with them. I seldom lose fish with them either and if so it has not been the hook at fault. The hook has a very sharp elongated point which penetrates deep even on light hookups. The only lures I haven't changed to them are sticks and Revolution spoons because of the balance factor. I use 2/0 for smaller spoons and 3/0 for medium/ large spoons.

what size mustad hook 9550 siwash on nk 28 and nk mags?Thanks from Freddy

I typically clip off one hook on any trebles I am using, regardless of lure type, or method of fishing.. Never in all my years have I noticed a decline in hookups vs. hits over trebles, and release is SO  much easier, with less handling of the fish, and a lot less damage to  the mouth.. I  look over all my lures well and if the trebles are of good quality, I clip one point off each treble and call it good.. If the  trebles are crap, I take them off and simply replace them with a better quality treble sometimes  with a slightly larger size from what originally came with the lure, and clip off one point/barb... I know a lot of guys replace trebles with a  single Siwash style hook, but personally I find 2 points superior to a single hook when it comes to hookup rates,, YMMV..... bob