Wanted Shorter than 10 ft Shimano talora wire line dipsey rods,reels

Shorter than 10 ft Shimano talora wire line dipsey rods,reels

After fishing on a friends boat last weekend I decided its time to upgrade my short diver setups.Ive got a pair with 47lc reels and twilly tip rods but those shimanos out perform them.  I would like to find a pair of shimano Tekota LC reels  and a pair of wire roller rods.I will be running the 30lb test wire.Some place in south central NYS Ithaca area. I dont mind a drive if the price is right.I dont know about shipping buying used stuff it would be nice to get a look at them.  PM me if you have a pair . CASH in hand.My wife has paypal if its something to be shipped.   Thanks Stan

Shorter than 10 ft Shimano talora wire line dipsey rods,reels After fishing on a friends boat last weekend I decided its time to upgrade my short diver setups.Ive got a pair with 47lc reels and twilly tip rods but those shimanos out perform them.  I would like to find a pair of shimano Tekota LC reels  and a pair of wire roller rods.I will be running the 30lb test wire.Some place in south central NYS Ithaca area. I dont mind a drive if the price is right.I dont know about shipping buying used stuff it would be nice to get a look at them.  PM me if you have a pair . CASH in hand.My wife has paypal if its something to be shipped.   Thanks Stan

Hi Stan,
I'm a little off of the topic, but could you enlighten me on how your rods were out performed? I have rods with rollers on the tips only, and didn't think that I needed more than that, which I think are comparable to your twilly tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Johndf02  The roller rods seem to have less resistance when reeling in . The tekota reels have a better drag for letting the divers out.They are like little winches reeling them in.

I run two divers on each side of the boat. If I freespool the divers out sometimes they get tangled. So I let the divers out with the drag.

Twilly tips and 47lc with wire work ok I just want something easier to reel in.

I dont know why but my short diver rods have been catching most of the fish. My 10ft rods have been slow.

Riggers have just been OK.