Sodus pro am 2017- we fished Friday-Sunday. The word was all about kings, so Friday we started in 100 fow out front on a nw troll. We pretty much immediately found fish, scattered from 120-240. we worked out front to 4 miles west, and we had 3 pockets holding fish. Temp was high (70 down was 48-51) but our hits mostly came deeper. We had a nice box of 2 year old kings, with a steelhead and a brown. Cutbait on copper and a mag carbon 14 on a rigger caught all of our fish. We had maybe a upper 60s box for bff, but most of the high placing boats had upper 80s and 90s, so I didn't bother weighing in. I felt good about our program as a lot of the boats that did well were working 120-200 just like us... we just needed to get the bigger fish to bite.

IMG_5271.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

Saturday brought a whole new game. It was absolutely miserable, with strong nw wind and big water. We started off with all the right bites working 160-200... by 7:30 we had had 7 screamers on, but we boated freaking ONE of them. We had one teen in the net that came out with a big wave, and lost the others due to some strange freak stuff . We did 2 more small kings, then the bite shut down for us completely at 9 am. We wouldn't have another bite for the rest of the day. Again, we were in good water as some of the better boxes came right around us in 120-220 straight out front. Some really good scores from both the pros and ams considering how awful the conditions were.

Sunday was a gorgeous day. We set down in 120, and trolled around looking for the fish from the last 2 days, but they were gone! We finally found a bunch of active 1 and 2 year old kings in 270 just east at about 9 am. We did 8 salmon, but just had no size. A mag carbon 14 on the 90 rigger was a stud (the center rigger with a carbon 14 took 18 shots alone this weekend), and took all but 2 of our bites Sunday. I guess the bigger fish came in 500 fow, and I saw boats stretched from Hughes to Sodus in that water. Again, some really nice scores today. It was apparent to me that the bigger fish were out deeper this weekend (300-500 fow).

IMG_5285.JPG

Fun tournament. I'm now convinced I am cursed on Saturday for the Sodus pro am- this is the third year in a row that we fished well on Friday, bombed and Saturday, and fished well Sunday.

The Fishin' Physician Assistant

Captain Jacks shoot out Screamer won with a 62 point box. Our team won the Krenzer Three Fish Challenge and all were caught between 160-180 on Saturday. Boy Saturday was tough. Shocked it wasn't small craft

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United