Youth fighting belt

Looking to buy a youth fighting belt as it seems like I'm fishing with kids more now then anyone else. Lookin for recommendations for a belt that works good for helping kids handle the rod easier.

Thanks

I was looking for one a about two years ago for my daughter to use and was steered towards a Luna Sea Cush-it by Matt French.  I think I made the right decision getting one as both my wife and daughter both use it and saves some bruising and make the fight more fun and comfortable for them.  It easy to move from rod to rod as needed, takes little storage area, and is pretty reasonable costing.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=Luna+Sea

So it looks like more people are leaning towards the butt ends rather than the actual belt. I'm just wondering if the belt will help a little more with rod control sine the butt of she rod is secured in the pocket? Or does that not really make a difference?

I never actually tried the belt with my daughter but before I got the Cush-it the biggest reason she would move the rod but around was the discomfort she had from it.  The Cush-It removed that discomfort and she seemed to do a good job holding the rod correctly during the fights.

I have the Cush it and it works well if the rod handler has good control.

For younger kids I prefer I belt. It keeps the rod butt in position and doesn't allow any slip. Sometimes with the Cush it if you don't apply down pressure to keep it against your body it will slip.

I just picked up an extra belt from Gander @ 30% off cost me about 10 bucks. I do pull the pin out of the cup and it works well.

I already had a belt on board that was a little too big for their waste but it is easily rectified by just placing a towel or sweatshirt between the belt and their backs

IMG_7149.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We keep two belts on board. One with a pin and one without. With the Velcro straps they fit any size. The kids have come to expect me to grab a belt when I holler "Fish on".

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

the biggest problem i have found with the fighting belt shown in the above pic is that it sits too hi for smaller kids and it places the reel up in their chin area.  i made a neck harness that i lopped around my sons neck that places the butt end just above his knees allowing the reel to be around his waist area which gives him optimal mechanical advantage when fighting bigger fish 

51 minutes ago, joe g said:

the biggest problem i have found with the fighting belt shown in the above pic is that it sits too hi for smaller kids and it places the reel up in their chin area.  i made a neck harness that i lopped around my sons neck that places the butt end just above his knees allowing the reel to be around his waist area which gives him optimal mechanical advantage when fighting bigger fish 

That's a great idea, your right the little ones are always reeling up too high.