Rochester Report

Fished today with my 80 year old friend.  It was our first outing of the year. We fished from 220 to 280 foot.   Temp at 70 down was 49 degrees.  Hardly any flees :) 

We went 14 for 17.   Took 13 kings and one steelhead.   3 kings were 20lbs plus, 8 kings were in the mid teens, 2 kings were jacks.   We had one big king break us off - guess I need to pay a bit more attention to bad spots in my leader.   We only fished for 3.5 hours.

Most of the fish came off spin doctor / flies but a few came off white pro chip flashers - most fish came off green atomic flies but some came on atomic white and blue flies.    We only had one knock off on riggers / spoons - the one that broke the line.   2 other fish came off the riggers pro chip / fly setup.  .  All the other fish came off divers 213 foot out on Dacron and 160 on wire rig.  The hottest rigs were the wire rigs they were smoking

We almost went for lake trout after but no sense in doing that after the morning we had.   I will be back out tomorrow with my wife.   Good luck out there and be careful.   There are some good size logs floating around out there.

Rich