Track mounted BBQ grill

dt5150

Track mounted BBQ grill

i have a weber q series grill that i would like to mount using the tracks on my gunnels. i was thinking of buying one of the traxstech universal brackets to use as the track mount, then attaching a large cutting board to it for the grill to sit on (feet bolted through the cutting board). seems like it would work well.. just wondering if anyone else had done something similar or has any other ideas. thanks!

traxstech universal bracket

http://shop.traxstech.com/Universal-bracket-RWL-100.htm

Edited by dt5150

Dt5150. Most fillet tables are not big enough for that standard portable grill. I planned on setting my grill on a fillet board that I put in my perko rod holder. I had to bolt a board to the fillet table to make it large enough for my grill. Just make sure you take dimensions before you buy something. But a grill was my best investment for my boat. My crew loves my breakfast burritos.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

thanks magill. my plan was to buy 1 or 2 cutting boards (depending on thickness) big enough to fit the grill on, bolt the feet of the grill to the board, and then attach the board to that universal bracket that goes in the tracks. pretty simple and should work well i would think.

how do you make your bfast burritos? :rofl:

I pre make the burritos at home and freeze them in aluminum foil. Cool them slow and rotate them often. You will not regret having the grill.

good idea. do you leave them in the foil at all or just put em on the grill?

i've had the grill for a while and have never used it. figured it'd be great for the boat. everything tastes better outdoors for some reason :)

Dt5150. Most fillet tables are not big enough for that standard portable grill. I planned on setting my grill on a fillet board that I put in my perko rod holder. I had to bolt a board to the fillet table to make it large enough for my grill. Just make sure you take dimensions before you buy something. But a grill was my best investment for my boat. My crew loves my breakfast burritos.

^^^burritos are top notch for sure^^^

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thanks for the input. I was thinking the cutting board underneath would provide a wide stable base to bolt the feet to as well as give me a little surface area to put utensils on while cooking. thanks for the info on the bracket, sounds like it's made good n solid.

• 4 weeks later...

well it's done. i haven't tried it in the tracks yet though. i'm a little worried that it's too heavy.. that grill has some weight to it, plus, the weight of the 2 cutting boards. we shall see i guess... anyway, here it is.

20170815_195735.jpg

• 3 years later...

It seems very cool. The other day I ordered the grill for apartment balcony because I saw it in a scene from the movie and it caught my attention a lot because it seemed so easy and delicious to make. I searched a lot because I wanted to get something quality and not feel sorry after a while and I came across this site https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-grill-for-apartment-balcony/ where I found out a lot of interesting things in this chapter and read a lot of reviews. Thanks to this site I ordered a quality grill and I adore it.

Edited by Rambert