for sale : usa days on the water

days on the water

i see alot of charters and weekenders that go out for the day then come back in same day does any one go out for like 2 or 3 days on lake ontario just wondering ,i was thinking of taking boat out to lake ontario would launch and stay out for at least 2 days anybody else do this or do not do this ,why or why not,sometimes i just want to get on my boat  and stay away for days

I have in the 1000 islands. Fish all day, eat on an island or go to town for dinner. Then back out to an island cove and drop a hook bow/stern. I have spent an entire week doing that. If I had to do that in open lake conditions, that would get really boring really fast.

Besides all the good advice above there are these big boats out there called Lake Freighters, along with the Ocean variety. Since anchoring is near impossible out there if you were to drift into one of the shipping lanes [ fog or no fog ]  it could end badly for you, just saying.

i was referring, more to the last two answers , On the eastern end, there are multiple islands with coves, protected ponds, etc. that would work well for overnighting. As a matter of fact, I can think of a couple spots where overnighting is very popular. thats more what i was looking for will also look for stony island thanx