Cayuga Cayuga South End

Cayuga South End

Tough day for me on Cayuga South End today 7/19/17. Launched at Treman at 6:15am.  Headed to the west side to troll northbound. Blank screen FOREVER.  Periods of debris that was a pain.  Lots of fleas. Several snags on limbs.  Dirty water.  Boo hoo.  I never had a hit.  Never saw a fish check out my lures on my Lowrance.  Picked up and ran North for a mile or so and set up again in spots that worked last time.  Pulled out at 12:15. Kept riggers at 70-100 nearly all time because when I did see a fish on the screen it was in this range.  Temp down 90ft was always around 45deg.  10 colors on my lead core, even threw out some Rapalas on a flatline.  Used spoons of all colors, flies, spin docs, Dodgers, never got to the dipsies though.  Did I mention I NEVER even got a hit?  I'm gonna kick ass on them next time though.

if you fished the south end today and caught fish I'd love to hear from you.

My recommendation would be to consider starting further north, maybe at Taughannock.  I haven't fished the last few days, but the last couple of times I got out, it was mostly weeds and murky water just about anywhere south of there.  A week earlier, I was doing great just south of T-Falls, but then with the weather and weeds, things died down there, and I had much better luck a bit north of T-Falls and and even better a bit past the scout camp.  Who knows though, it's in a constant state of flux out there.  Good luck!