Sodus 7/19

went solo for my first trip to ontario day .  showed up at the public launch at sodus pt 5:30 . got under way at idle speed to the lake , that was 30 mins to the end of the chute . made my way out to 120 fow ,set up with spoons on the riggers and a pro troll and fly on the dipsy , the fish hawk was reading 52 degs.  down 50 ft . so i park one rigger at 65 down and the other 75 ft set the dipsy at 180 ft of wire and ran my down speed at 2.3 to 2.6 . didn't see  much at all on the sonar , no bait or fish till i hit 180 to 190 fow . the first release came on the 75 ft down rigger around 220 fow ended up landing a small king . then i washed  spoons and flies out to 360 fow ,seen bait and marks here and there but got nada .turn around working south east when i hit the 190 fow range had my second release . landed a smaller king than the first one . at 12:30 it was warm and muggy so i called it a day . it wasn't the greatest productive day for me  but better than a skunk . salmon on the grill for dinner .:yes:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               596fc2c7a7c7d_DSCN0125(1).thumb.JPG.b2615311063c659be246b5c49c40e12a.JPG596fc15c146e0_DSCN0126(1).thumb.JPG.40cebcea1dc51cf21b07f721d2095fa3.JPG596fc37daded4_DSCN0127(1).thumb.JPG.7b373a1f7430b3907f4f805fce71a89b.JPGimageproxy.php?img=&key=7e961de8267f286a

Edited by fisherdude

Brian - Congrats on avoiding the much dreaded "skunk":) Mark and I were not so lucky today. We arrived at Hughes to a relatively calm lake at 5AM after an hour ride and motored out to 230 ft to start the day. We set out 2 wire dipseys one with flasher fly and other with spinney fly and a 300 copper with a magnum spoon and three cheated downriggers. We had one release on the downrigger and it appeared like something didn't quite fully get ahold of the slider. Wer changed everything but the kitched sink  until 2 PM without even the slightest touch and we never marked a solid fish and only one small pod of bait. Interestingly, we never marked even  a laker on bottom despite fishing out to 560 ft of water and back into 120 ft. We managed to snag a large branch with the downrigger at the end of things and tangled up two wire dipseys and a downrigger so we had a little excitement anyway:lol: The bottom line is however a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work :)

10 hours ago, ryonybony said:

I have been out the last few days, 400+ FOW has been productive. Bite is anywhere from 50 to 120 down, but a good pick of 2 year olds, steelies and the occational mature. 20170716_120608.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Brian - Congrats on avoiding the much dreaded "skunk":) Mark and I were not so lucky today. We arrived at Hughes to a relatively calm lake at 5AM after an hour ride and motored out to 230 ft to start the day. We set out 2 wire dipseys one with flasher fly and other with spinney fly and a 300 copper with a magnum spoon and three cheated downriggers. We had one release on the downrigger and it appeared like something didn't quite fully get ahold of the slider. Wer changed everything but the kitched sink  until 2 PM without even the slightest touch and we never marked a solid fish and only one small pod of bait. Interestingly, we never marked even  a laker on bottom despite fishing out to 560 ft of water and back into 120 ft. We managed to snag a large branch with the downrigger at the end of things and tangled up two wire dipseys and a downrigger so we had a little excitement anyway:lol: The bottom line is however a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work :)

ryonybony ...sounds like was short a mile or two from being on steady fish . really didn't have a good starting point so i just wing it . was good lake conditions to ran out to 400 ft too .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Les.... was thinking going out of Hughes but was to cheap to drive the extra miles and pay to launch so i op out for the long slow ride to the lake . hey Bob is going to start to think you have some thing to do with these tangles you guys are getting .  just kidding bud good luck next time out ..       

Tuesday evening we could only keep one rigger going.All the hits came on a carbon 14 70 75 down.

Wednesday we got a late start and ended up with 3 losing a nice king.Copper 450 with a spin doctor chartreuse seemed the most active 

Lots of good fishing need more fishermen  out there for sure

I launched at Sodus on the 19th am, same route etc. I saw a ton of fish around 100 feet so I slowed and set lines and headed northwest. The marks were high around 50 to 60 but the cold water didn't start until 80 so I went deep. First fish hit at about 140 feet, down 85, a medium king. Stayed in and ended at 11 am with three kings two in the low 20's and a teenager. There were two or three boats inside me and they stayed in there so I assume they were on fish.

fyi