My First Meat Rigs

My First Meat Rigs

I fished on my buddys boat on sunday, and was exposed to meat rigs for the first time.  The fishing was pretty hot so I didn't have a lot of time to pay close attention to the specific styles and brands of meat rigs that we were using.

Can anybody recommend some rigs for me?  Im looking for something that doesn't require a lot of tuning.  Also, the rigs that we were using had 3 "rubber skirts" on the leader, approximately 18in apart, running from the meat rig towards the swivel.  Im guessing those were "teasers"?  Do certain meat rigs come with those teasers?  And some don't?

Edited by jigstick

You can get clean rigs without teasers or meat rigs with teasers. Atommik, big weenie, dreamweaver, diabolical, big water tackle, and john king all make quality meat rigs. Best for a beginner are atommik with john king heads or john kings himself i prefer his mag meat heads. The others use ryhs davis heads and they do require tunning. John king heads roll true every time you put them in the water. He has a website with meat fishing tips and tricks. Www.michigansportsman.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app