Is it the flasher or the fly that's more important

Is it the flasher or the fly that's more important

Has anyone noticed a pattern is it the flasher or the fly that catches the fish?  Which one is more important from a color perspective?  Do the colors have to match?   Just curious what people's thoughts are.  

I don't think there is really anything "magical" about this .  The color matching thing is probably more of a 'human thing' than related to the fish catching process. It is most likely the combined action of the flasher or spinney catching the attention of the fish and being in close enough proximity for the fish to either grab or chase it and the fly appearing "vulnerable"  or "wounded" following the commotion of the attractor. There may be certain colors that are enhanced by particular  light levels at the time or particular water color or characteristics or the interaction between these but to think a fish is going be turned off because something doesn't match is human thinking not fish related in my view. A lot of fishing includes a strong element of superstitious behavior too...I am guilty of it as well but I also recognize it for what it is:lol: In truth there is no magic or single answer to this you have to experiment on the place you are fishing  at that point in time (e.g. light levels, wave characteristics etc.) to see what may or may not work.