Asking Seneca lake fishing info

Wouldn't fish Seneca if that was the only lake around. Fish Cayuga lake launch at Deans Cove. It's only about 15mins away from Seneca. Trust me u won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wouldn't fish Seneca if that was the only lake around. Fish Cayuga lake launch at Deans Cove. It's only about 15mins away from Seneca. Trust me u won't be disappointed.

That's funny, I catch more on Seneca than Cayuga! I know, it's backward

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Caught 7 Land Locks saturday trolling north of sampson (released 4) with my buddy for 333 tourney west side. Launching from geneva would probably work. Used seth green rigs with bright colored stingers and typical suttons. Marked a ton if fish suspended in 50-70 fow and on the bottom. Fished over deep water 180-250 and 100 ft for lakers. Buddy caught 2 lakers today around long point. 

Coming from Lancaster if coming either Rt#5 or the Thruway probably either the Chamber of Commerce launch in Geneva or the one at the Seneca Lake State Park would be the most direct. The Chamber launch is just east of Rt #14 in Geneva and the State Park is just east of that about a mile or so. The chamber launch will get you to deeper water a bit quicker. Spinneys and fly or spoons will work and especially for lakers trolled just below the thermocline . Rainbows, landlocks and browns may be more susceptible to spoons trolled fairly fast from rigggers or coppers. Be prepared for the fleas especially if using leadcore or braid. At this point in the season don't be afraid to troll out in the middle in deep water for bows and landlocks. Thermocline running from about 35 to 65 ft today.

Edited by Sk8man

I have 4 trips this weekend, I will be out, if you're out, just give me a shout and I can give ya a what and where's working if I'm into them. Been doing quite well on seneca. The rave is on for cayuga, but there's just as many slow days there as anywhere. Where do you plan on launching?

Downsize the leaders for spoons. Stingers and similar action spoons have been working good. Riggers parked at 35 to 55 for bows, browns has been great. Occasional salmon mixed in. Fleas are preventing cheaters from working successfully.

Flasher fly bite has been slow, Gambler Rigs fished behind dodgers and cowbells has prevailed.

Good luck. Be safe, may be some garbage out there. Garanteed to be weeds, welcome to the FLX

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

I will be staying at Sampson this weekend as well. Going to pick the boat up prob Sat pm/ Sunday at some point (have to make two trips, one with  with camper) until Wednesday. Good luck . Anyone working any certain channel out there now ? still 68?

I've been doing fine with 2 rigger (spoons) run about 10' off the bottom and stacked spoons on same riggers about 20' up from bottom setup. Under 100 FOW for most action but troll out to 120' and into about 55 FOW. 4" stingers for me but dodgers have worked I just don't like the fight. Work the bait pods at 60-80 FOW...reel stories is all over out there so follow his lead over mine!!! Good luck.

Today was a decent day, managed all the species and some nice lakers to boot. Last trip on Seneca tomorrow afternoon until mid september.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Saw you going south (usually your going north on my side). My daughter got a laker, 2 salmon, and another nice brown. On the water 6:00 to 8:30 so not too bad. FYI I just played weed and flea hockey again while my passenger did the feeling. Enjoying Seneca...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app