Weatherman

The forecast this past Tuesday for the upper east end was 1ft or less. However, when I hit the lake from Stony Creek at 6:30am I was greeted by some nasty choppy 2-4ft waves, with waves occasionally crashing over my bow. I crawled out to the "finger" at a blistering 6-8 mph. It was too rough to use my kicker motor until after 12:00 when the lake finally calmed down to 1-2ft. We didn't get to a suitable fishing depth until about 8:30.

If you see whitecaps, you are your own weatherman, an on scene observer. Make your own decision on what you see, not some TV person.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

At this time, the warm waters make their own weather and it has nothing to do with on shore weather .

9 hours ago, jimski2 said:

If you see whitecaps, you are your own weatherman, an on scene observer. Make your own decision on what you see, not some TV person.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

At this time, the warm waters make their own weather and it has nothing to do with on shore weather .

There is no view of the lake from the boat launch. You have to navigate a 6ft deep creek as it meanders through a marshy area, then past the lake front. a half mile out is when the white caps became visible. The ride wasn't unbearable. but it was nowhere close to the weather prediction by NOAA or the weather channel for the area. It's not very often that I have to use my windshield wiper when it's NOT raining, but I had to that day.

The OP's complaint is that the forecast for our end of the lake usually isn't even close to what is predicted, and he is right. If we double the wave forecast we would only be a little closer than what the forecast calls for.