Seneca 7-22

Lamprey, fleas, and surface weeds sure keep you busy n frustrated but at least the salmon are biting. There are still some high up but getting more on the deeper rods than last week. I'm fishing 40-70 with spoons. Orange yellow chartreuse and copper all seem fine though the ones with spots seem to be taking more fish. Took a 14" lamprey off an 19" fish last night. 70-140 FOW. Anyone else with Seneca reports?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was out today, had a trip, yeaterday as well. Fish were there, but a bit tougher for us.. managed a few quality fish today. One smaller scale bow and a few short bites. Gambler rig was our producer. Had another evening sightseeing trip today, stuck a rod down for 20 minutes and managed 5 bites. Gamblers.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Thx for reply, saw you out there my way around 7:15 or so. went out again midday and picked up 3 browns at 5lbs up 6lbs, nice fish. Tried to release them all but one stubbornly would not revive so we will eat tomorrow. I've never experienced being able to pick up browns this easy in late July. I'm using all 4" spoons as I gave up on the extra gear with all these fleas out there. I need some of that anti flea line I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thx for reply, saw you out there my way around 7:15 or so. went out again midday and picked up 3 browns at 5lbs up 6lbs, nice fish. Tried to release them all but one stubbornly would not revive so we will eat tomorrow. I've never experienced being able to pick up browns this easy in late July. I'm using all 4" spoons as I gave up on the extra gear with all these fleas out there. I need some of that anti flea line I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fyi all fish this week had large lampreys, but up till this weekend I have seen no marks or lampreys...guess they are out from spawning?

I run 40 lb andes line, with 10 lb leaders. Fleas very minimal. ;) save the money on the flea line...

Brown trout fishing this time of year is excellent, especially if you were where i think you were. Keep it up. There LOTS of them in that class there..

Fyi all fish this week had large lampreys, but up till this weekend I have seen no marks or lampreys...guess they are out from spawning?

It's been in waves, last week was lots of eels, not one today... also, I've botched higher concentration of eels when I've found pockets of higher concentration of rainbows. Relation? Maybe none, but the higher numbers of bow bites this week was down, time to relocate! Love me some silver! Be out in the morning. Weather looks good!

I run 40 lb andes line, with 10 lb leaders. Fleas very minimal. [emoji6] save the money on the flea line...

Brown trout fishing this time of year is excellent, especially if you were where i think you were. Keep it up. There LOTS of them in that class there..

Thanks I'll give that Andes line a try....at the rate I'm catching fleas DEC should pay me.

Lol, but location on fleas makes a difference, try the opposite side of lake you're on, the fleas were almost non existent. Fewer marks of fish. It's time to go a bit further sou....oh wait, last trips are tomorrow and Monday, then heading to ontario for a month.

Lol, but location on fleas makes a difference, try the opposite side of lake you're on, the fleas were almost non existent. Fewer marks of fish. It's time to go a bit further sou....oh wait, last trips are tomorrow and Monday, then heading to ontario for a month.

Cool! I'll be right here so if you want an update....I also fish out of olcott in Ontario, except the water is way high. I usually go spring for browns and into part of the kings (when they are closer to shore) about may/ early June. Sodus?