Sodus 7/ 22

solo trip again, went 9 for 9 today all spoon bite . started in 140 fow water trolled to 200 fow turn around trolled back to 150 fow then back to 200 fow did two kings pick up and ran out to 400 fow set and trolled to 560 fow ,the bite was pretty good out deep . stringer uv spoon did the job for me . riggers 75 to 110 with cheaters . nadda on dipsy  for me ended up pulling it was getting turn around with the rollers / chop . had no tangles tho with it, did have a  big king cross the dipsy rod and was able to take the rods and go under the other.  spent 12 hours in the boat , was a awesome day. hoping my buddy will go tomorrow for some more action ... forgot my camera and my phone is shot time to replace it                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       0722171018a.thumb.jpg.5d5275ad8ef3b82d6e85535ed201ec37.jpg0722171040.thumb.jpg.6fa03f04554a6dcab936a8c1da0dd557.jpg

Nice going Brian. Liney and I went out of Hughes today, on the water at 6AM, cruised out to 370', checked the temp and started trolling with 3 riggers and 2 dipsy's and cheaters. We didn't mark much but had action all day, mostly small kings and a nice mix of steelies. We spent most of our time between 350 and 650 feet. we eventually worked our way in this afternoon to 130 - 250' and marked more bait and fish but only hooked little guys and had many releases with nobody home. We got our best king (17#) on the dipsy along with one other but most of the action was spoon bite. We had our best luck on purple with green. Beautiful day with cloud cover and a little mist but the stable flies where out in force.

Bob

We missed you Les

Good going Brian:yes: I know after a 12 hr solo you must be beat bud. At least Bob and Liney got the small ones out o fthe way for your next time out :lol:  Sure wished I could have been out there too but just had too much to do around here.

Edited by Sk8man