Down riggers and rod holder?

Scotty manual riggers are the bee's knees trust me I fish very often and we fish super hard. I use 13lb weighs although they are rated for up to 20 and we drag bottom and put allot of strain on them. Also the 2ft per turn horizontal crank takes allot of strain off the arms while cranking up heavy weights from the depths. I wouldn't go to anything else if I had to at this point

Manuals are plenty good for the weekend warrior (me included) and really simplify things. My only recommendation is getting the correct book size and mounting location for your boat. Among many I've used cannon, big Jon, and Penn are all fine...and I'm sure there are more. Been trolling for 35 years and have never had electrics on any of my boats. Manual is fine!!! Yes I have Popeye arms, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Manuals are plenty good for the weekend warrior (me included) and really simplify things. My only recommendation is getting the correct book size and mounting location for your boat. Among many I've used cannon, big Jon, and Penn are all fine...and I'm sure there are more. Been trolling for 35 years and have never had electrics on any of my boats. Manual is fine!!! Yes I have Popeye arms, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Boom not book...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app