Henderson Finger 7/21-7/22

Henderson Finger 7/21-7/22

7/21

Left sackets at 0530, started setting lines by 0630.  Started near the mountain and trolled into the waves towards west in 140-150 FOW.  Decent action on 18-22 lb kings and a few lakers from 0830 to 1030.  Action died after that.  Hits on meat, FF, and spoons.  Lost a screamer on a black/green pro king spoon on 87 foot rigger over 135.  Pretty sure he wouldve been our biggest, he ripped out to 400 feet on the line counter before I could even gain any line.  Lost him shortly after that.  220 and 242 mag wire dipsey on No. 2 setting and 100 and 87 foot riggers took all the shots.

7/22

Same game plan as day before.  Lost two really good rips on meat and FF divers out 200 and 220.  Broke another good fish on same black/green pk spoon.  Ended up landing a decent 19lber and a 5lb jack on moonshine bad toad 88 rigger.  Landed a few nice lakers too.  Had at least a dozen rigger knockoffs that never came tight on a meat market paddle/ pro am fly.  Headed back in around 1100.  

All in all, pretty decent weekend on the eastern side.  Wish we couldve boated a few more of the hookups we had on saturday, but thats kings for ya I guess.

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

IMG_9420.JPG

Forgot to mention, fleas were terrible on the diver wires. If left in the water for more than 10 minutes, the last 8-10 feet above the dipsey was just packed with fleas

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice report, flies were horrible that's for sure. We fished today basically same thing and a pattern so close to your post I almost didn't report, only difference for us was mostly all spoon bites. Same thing on many knockoffs but ours were mostly on a 91' rigger, some on fixed stacker 20' above. Our mag dipsy hits were all spoons 165' #2. Couldn't keep lakers off moonshine bad toad so took it off, Green jeans and Mich stinger blue dolfin uv got the most hits. Our biggest king was on a 400 copper with a stinger mag size spoon. A great morning til the wind came up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United