Bullseye 7/21, 7/22

I had an awesome trip Friday 7/21/17 aboard Reel Serious with Captain Chris and first mate Greg.  These guys are great fishermen and a lot of fun to fish with.  In quick order they pounded out 9 for 13 bites all kings in 140' west of Rochester.  The highlights were a dandy steelhead and teen ager king.

Part 2 of Friday 7/21/17 was an epic evening of fishing on board Lenny Brozak's 10 meter Trojan "The Bullseye".  I am in my rookie season as the captain for Lenny and absolutely loving my job.  3:30 to 4:30 was a little slow with some schnitzel kings being caught and released.  Around 4:30 I switched up the program to provide steady action for our guests who wanted to reel in fish.  The lake trout we encountered were bruisers and the guests were psyched.  As the night wore on I switched up the divers with speed tolerant rigs including my favorite new rigs by Minion Trolling Flies to target some of the bigger marks we were seeing in the middle water column.  There was a slight lull in the action when Lenny made an abrupt turn and, like Babe Ruth calling a home run, Lenny called out the port side winger.  I'm not exaggerating, the wire rod bent down into the handle and wire was ripping off it!  It was a violent strike and we all just began laughing......until we realized that the wire was disappearing violently off the Daiwa Lexia!   20 minutes later the brute his the deck of the Bullseye.  I have to admit, I forgot to zero the scale before I weighed it initially on my Mavarti Scale and it read 34+ lbs.  Upon realizing my mistake we dialed it in and it was 31.5 lbs making it our biggest king of the year.  

Saturday 7/22/17- We had a group of 5 experienced anglers from Pennsylvania.  These guys were a great bunch and it didn't take long before they were working collaboratively to put fish on the deck. We had a few doubles throughout the night with a couple fish in the high teens.  One highlight (if you can call it that) was a particularly violent rip on the Minion Black Fury Meat rig.  I was watching that rod when it struck and peeled only a dozen feet of wire off before it fell limp.  What ever it was chomped through 50 lb mono and ate the hook.  I quick retie and back in goes the Minion Meat rig.  Another rip and a miss!  No big kings on Saturday but I decided to leave a couple riggers down as I cleaned the catch and we finished with a double of healthy kings!  

7 21 17 captain chris reel serious.jpg

7 21 17 captain chris reel serious.jpg 2.jpg

7 21 17 greg reel serious.jpg

7 21 17 afternoon charter 3.jpg

7 21 17 afternoon charter 9.jpg

7 21 17 afternoon charter 1.jpg

dave king.jpg