So, in the last few weeks a friend's wife had her camera stolen. She started searching eBay and found it from a seller in Syracuse. So I started searching, I saw a bunch of my stuff on there as well. The investigators traced it to a place called pawn pro in Syracuse. They went up there yesterday am. They recovered the items they still had. Maybe a 1/5 of what I lost. The shop was apparently cooperative. They went back in their records and found that a bunch of my stuff had already sold. I guess there is nothing they can do about those items. Long story short, a couple people were involved and they used valid ID to sell to the pawn shop. Now I'm waiting for the investigators to release me the names and all charges that will be filed. He started naming some of the felonies off as I grinned ear to ear. There are more details I'll share as I get more info. He said thanks to us at least one other case has been solved. He called it a very productive day.

Sent from my XT1565 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Let me add this. Next time you are trolling around or around the house. Do something small and discreet to your stuff. Tiny sticker, engraved, initials somewhere hidden, just anything that might help prove it was yours. I had some custom painted Bay Rats in one of my special mates boxes and a few at home that didn't get stolen that appeared in the eBay pictures. It could save ya. Key is make it discreet because these thugs will just throw your box out if you write your name all across it

Man I feel for you, put a knot in your stomach you just want five min. alone with them. about 5 years ago I pulled my boat into the dock to put it on the trailer a guy came over to talk fishing three days later he broke into my garage and stole most of my tackle. He was checking out what I had at the dock then followed me home.

Man O Man I can't believe the dumb F¥{ks were bold enough to put it on EBay yet!! I had a gun 45/70 stolen out of my truck in my own driveway, they found the crook and the guy who bought my rifle and I got my rifle back, and don't give a shyt about the $$$ the buyer was out of get yer money back from the crook you bought it from. This was an actual conversation with the buyer!! The cops told me the next time he calls you record it and we will arrest him for harassment..!!!  I'm so happy you connected this quick, just shows you they were getting to comfortable at this game. I wish you the best Mike, from one Mike to the other congrats on the quick snag and hopefully the rest of your goods are found!! By all means release the names of this scumbag outfit.

I just can't believe the balls these people have. Hell even up to the day my dad passed away, my brother and I weren't worried about the cops, 40 years ago they drove you home if you got caught driving with beer in the car but under age, it was the thrashing you were gonna get from POP... LOL . I guess those days are over, my kids walk the line and only talked back to their mother once!! But yea, I'm the mean old man, my daughters are my life and they respect others and their property, but some of their freinds WOW!!! If they'd talk to me like they do their parents things would be different under our roof :lol:

I was at the NYS fair in Syracuse one year and my vehicle was moved from where I was parked and I couldn't find it when I went to go leave. I went to the troopers that were there and filed a complaint and description of my car and licence plate. Within a half hour they found my car after someone had seem a group of teenagers and young twenties kids breaking into vehicles and reported it. They were clever enough to use 4 wheel dollies and they moved my vehicle to the back of the lot where it was dark. The broke the windows in the back and got into the car and stole a bunch of stuff I had in there. The troopers had a high speed chase with them on I-690 and they caught 5 of the seven but I still didn't get my things back. The troopers told me that the Pawn Pro was the place my stuff would end up at back then also. Seems like the thieving idiots probably go from generation to generation in that area and have never really been caught or stopped! I was just lucky and glad my car was still able to drive back then so I could get home that late at night.

Camping on a lake near my home. Last year had the boat on anchor with a float broad daylight someone pulled in cut the boat loose to get the anchor ball. Glad they left the $150 anchor on the end of the rope. Asked neighbors when I got back at the campsite no one saw a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wanna hear the cherry on top? Insurance says they won't cover it. So these guys trespassed, ravaged around my boat,. Found a hidden pair of keys that they used to get into the cuddy therefore not actually breaking the lock, the insurance company says there was no forcible entry. What is wrong with this world?