Owasco 7/23

Took my neighbors son out fishing on Owasco. Launched South end at 6:30am and we cruised up the flat calm lake. Water was a bit turbid in color and he wanted to try jigging for a bit so with a few follows and one hit we decided to ditch that and try for bass. First flip of a white paddle tail produced a nice little smallie, total luck, because nothing for an hour after that! Then we trolled (phew, back in my comfort zone) we picked up a couple bows on small colorful scorpions n warriors. (Pink, anti freeze green) but.. the Lakers were tight lipped! Decided to run north and try shallow for walleye or whatever. The North end in 50-60' was loaded with fish and bait. We hit many small Lakers and one decent one. No eyes but one fish we lost acted a lot like one... Ended up jigging in shallow picking up a red eyed rock Bass and a perch. For Owasco the bite was slow! But a fun day IMG_20170723_124439072_HDR.jpgIMG_20170723_083516592_HDR.jpgIMG_20170723_092234451_HDR.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looks like you had fun. I'm probably responsible for a rumor about king salmon in Owasco Lake. I was cleaning some twenty plus Lake Ontario kings on our dock when somebody stopped to admire them. I didn't tell him that those were not Owasco fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Looks like you had fun. I'm probably responsible for a rumor about king salmon in Owasco Lake. I was cleaning some twenty plus Lake Ontario kings on our dock when somebody stopped to admire them. I didn't tell him that those were not Owasco fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's how great rumors are spread, kings of Owasco!! Lol
Think Mike caught a king on Cayuga a couple years back??

That's how great rumors are spread, kings of Owasco!! Lol

Think Mike caught a king on Cayuga a couple years back??

Yes we caught what we thought was a king a young king at that looked exactly like one black gums and all DEC emailed us twice and both times they could not say it wasn't or they would not confirm it was still a mystery today LOL.. we released the fish so if anyone has a diver or rigger scream out 500 ft of line after a smack we might figure it out LOL..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A guy I know fished Ontario had a big King in his box they decided to fish senaca after the got back when the came back in they pulled it out of the box and asked someone if they new what kind of fish it was he said Holly $ that's the biggest salmon he even seen come out of the lake