Anyone using AFW 1x7 copper?

• 2 weeks later...

That's what we use for wire. It's the thinnest 30lb you can find and will have a better dive curve over the other 30lb wires out there. We've found with the Smart Troll you need 25+ feet less line in the water with this wire. We run the 30lb Camo which is .012" in diameter compared to most 30lb which is .015" in diameter. Given it's thinner diameters I will say that it doesn't play as nice as the others, but if you are very meticulous about making sure your wire divers don't get loose and coil you'll be fine.

I remember seeing a chart of the tensile strength for various brands of 7 strand wire and I believe that the AFW wire had the lowest or close to it  breaking strength of any of the tested wires and I think it was at about 23lbs or so that has been my only concern and I stayed away from it  but if Rick hasn't had trouble with it in his application I have to wonder if that data was screwed up because he gives it a lot more use than the average fisherman.

Edited by Sk8man

You are right Gill I guess I read it too fast.....and I didn't have my reading  glasses on....big mistake:lol: Thanks.

Edited by Sk8man