Owasco Trip last Sunday

Trip last Sunday

So after 2 years I decided to make a trip out of Owasco.  First off I live in Scranton Pa and have enjoy this lake for many many years.  That is until now.

It wasn't because of the lake being so high from all the water the lake received putting a large amount of debris in the lake nor the terrible flees grabbing even my 30lb test..  Not even the small lakers I caught that day which was a total of 4.

It was when I got back to my trailer and noticed that someone had stolen one of my bearing buddies leaving my bearing grease exposed to all the dirt and grim that ticked me off.  Pretty much leaving me no choice but to drive home that way and then having to replace the bearings and races.

If that is how things are up there anymore I think I'm done with the lake.

Wish all you guys the best of luck. 

yea seems odd they would take just one and not the pair ,, we run up now and stay at local motels right in Auburn and haven't had anything taken yet but its always on my mind so far so good its been about 20 years going up .

After spending all that money on their boats,trailers and fishing tackle, I guess they didn't have the money to buy bearing buddies or just one.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

i am with the guys that already said you lost the buddy bearing while driving up . what you should have done before driving back to PA is buy a new buddy bearing . Bass Pro or a trailer place in Auburn just north of the lake ....

It sure does seem logical that if someone took it they would have grabbed both while they were at it. Those things if not checked routinely can work loose while you're driving down the road and pop off without you knowing it. That is where I would  be focusing without actually seeing someone or something suspicious and then making that conclusion. Might be a good idea tocarry a spare just in case....:)