Problems with my foot propelled trolling motor

Problems with my foot propelled trolling motor

Hey guys. I have a minn Kota power drive v2 55 lb thrust 12v foot propelled trolling motor on my Lund. It is not even 3 years old. It's a 2014and I bought the boat in 2015. So I've only been using it for 2 years. It was working great and I loved it until the other day when I was out and the motor only worked on speed 6. If I throttled up above 6 or down below 6 the motor just dropped out and stopped running. The only speed the motor would work at all was speed 6. The head turned fine all the time but I could feel the throttle button click off if I tried to speed up or slow down. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem in the past and I was hoping for input on if you think it's the pedal wiring itself or the control wiring or the motor itself? Like I said it worked fine and then all of a sudden it just started happening. Could it be that I pulled on the wire to much and it loosened up the connections. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have an older one and it had the same problem it's just a speed control switch. It is like the resister that controls the speed. Just find it on on your model and order a new one. For mine it was like $18 and came out with 2 srews and unplugging 3 wires. I will find the place I ordered mine from and send you the link.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app