OSWEGO AND HENDERSON

Looking at heading back to the big lake if  weather looks good for a 2 day trip whats the fishing been like out of Oswego and henderson areas ? I no that shipping lanes can be good this time off year but looking to try to avoid long runs is the mountain and finger still good or am i better off going out of oswego to hit the deep water there .

I was out at the finger last week for only a couple hours, lost 1 on the 450, another slammed a dipsy and broke off taking everything. More expensive than successful trip.

Schools of bait on the graph and some hooks around.

I'm most likely heading out of Stony Creek tomorrow, weather pending. Will report.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Found good temps down 100 over 150 near the finger. 2 lakers on a spoon and a king on the 450 copper.

We fished around that area yesterday I am curious about the temp readings. We found cold 40 degree water down 90 over 150 had to fish 75 to 85 to stay in 42 to 47 We saw lots of bait but very few fish Lakers near bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were reading 42 on my rigger out 115 on the cable. With blow back it was around 105 give or take. Had gear from there and up to 80.
Fishhawk x4d is new to my boat, first use yesterday.

We were reading 42 on my rigger out 115 on the cable. With blow back it was around 105 give or take. Had gear from there and up to 80.
Fishhawk x4d is new to my boat, first use yesterday.

With 115 foc out on a rigger with s probe. I would think you were fishing well above 105 ft. What kind of angle do you estimate you had on that rigger cable ?

Not sure about fish hawk. I run an old cannon snt. Maybe mine is off I check its depth reading every year by drifting in neutral and running my weight to the bottom and check the reading against my sonar. The temp reading on the probe agrees with surface temp on my sonar. I was concerned about the difference in our readings. I know I need 120 feet of cable out to reach 100 ft with a 16 lb torpedo

I run 13 lbs torpedoes and was actually surprised there wasn't more blowback, but we were going with the waves and doing 1.8-2.1 on the surface and 2.4-2.8 at the probe. Probably why there was not so much blowback. And as I get used to my hawk, I'll do some tests for calibration. Will definitely check just below the surface for temp with the probe. Not sure if I'm ready to let my probe to the bottom yet! Lol!

I hear you about the probe. I make sure it's not on bottom long. I just run the weight to the bottom till cable goes slack and get it out of there fast also my counter on the rigger seems to agree with the bottom depth within a couple of feet. It's nice to know exactly what your gear is telling you is correct

My snt uses a coated cable which accounts for the difference in cable length to reach depth

I fished Oswego tonight from 5-7 caught 2 kings 28lbs and 13lbs 380-450 fow 70 and 80 down one on green ff and one on meat... Dropped 2 others out a little deeper on blue ff and a spoon. Be back at it in the morning. IMG_0741.thumb.JPG.abe1564156ace604ea862f54d8257356.JPG

Not the best picture but sure was funny watching the dog.

I fished Oswego tonight from 5-7 caught 2 kings 28lbs and 13lbs 380-450 fow 70 and 80 down one on green ff and one on meat... Dropped 2 others out a little deeper on blue ff and a spoon. Be back at it in the morning. IMG_0741.thumb.JPG.abe1564156ace604ea862f54d8257356.JPG

Not the best picture but sure was funny watching the dog.

Steelz, you docked in wrights?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app