Cayuga HABs

HABs

Just curious everyone's approach with the widespread/lakewide HABs confirmed on Cayuga as of 7/18?  Y'all still eating the fish?

I usually catch & release most fish, and save one or two to eat here and there.  So, I don't mind going 100% catch & release for awhile, but it's a shame to let fish weighed in at a derby go to waste.  I know there's varying opinions on whether these HABs are a concern with eating fish, and it's a relatively new issue without much scientific info out there about that.
http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/83310.html

cinnamon fish - Thanks for posting this issue because I think a lot of folks may not realize the seriousness and/or extent of the problem.:yes:

Yeah, it stinks to have to think about.  My niece and nephew are visiting this coming weekend, and I was going to buy a small towable for some extra fun for them, but decided against it after seeing this.  They'll have to stick to fishing, which luckily they love!  Yeah I'd be curious to hear any folks thoughts about it.

There's very little online about eating fish with hab in affect.  One would think if it was rinsed well after cleaning it could be ok.  But I did find this link which says "Avoid eating fish caught from areas with a bloom".  I'm probably gonna hold off.  http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/water_pdf/habsbrochure.pdf

Hopefully they'll update the initial link I posted with additional info or an update again soon. 
I wonder if the cooler weather this week is doing some good.

Have not been down there during the week this week, but that's what Cayuga looked like near Myers on Sunday afternoon. It was also across from Myers south of Tgk, but got better north of Tgk.